Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

This Weekend I...

I've decided that if there is a sunny and 68* plus day, then it should be considered a "sun day." You know, like a snow day in the Midwest...but to actually enjoy the spring. Considering it's suppose to be that today, and 80 degrees tomorrow... I'm sure most people would agree.

Time for another weekend recap! This weekend was just perfect. There was sunshine, there was lots to do, there was just the right amount of lazy-ness. It was nice to not have to be bound to anything for once.

This Weekend I... spent Friday night at Chili's with Mr.. I'm obsessed with their lighter options menu, and I didn't feel over indulgent when we left. I call that a serious win! Try the margarita chicken, you'll die.

This Weekend I... got treated to a day-trip to Lake Geneva. It was the perfect excuse to break out the maxi dress and the weather couldn't have been better. Ok, I would have enjoyed 10 degrees warmer so we could sit on the lake, but for walking around it was perfect.

This Weekend I... decided to try Gino's East Pizza with Mr.. They talk about it constantly on that Food Paradise show, and it was named "best deep dish" pizza. I have to say, I wasn't super impressed. But I was glad we were able to try it now, instead using one of our Chicago trips to try it.

This Weekend I... got spoiled with a trip to the Outlet Mall in Kenosha after our LG trip. Guess who walked away empty handed.... and guess who got himself a new pair of shoes. Seriously?!

This Weekend I... spent Sunday doing our typical errands with Mr.. We stopped at Cheese Curd Days, where we tried different flavored cheese curds, a million samples, and walked away with so much fresh produce it made my tummy happy and feelin' healthy!


one. chunk was super excited to cuddle in bed friday night.
two. all maxi'd out and ready to go on our surprise day trip!
three. gino's east pizza. that was a medium and what we took home. boys & their pizza!
four. chunk was whiney as heck when we came home that we enjoyed the sun all day and left him indoors. he sat like that for a good 45 minutes, soaking it all in.
five. maxi day two. and finally breaking in the new mk sandals.
six. obsessed with this skinny girl cherry vodka. favorite glass + cocktaiil + list making. perfect sunday. the not perfect part of it? the diet coke which kept me awake until midnight.
seven. nerd alert: i watch soap operas. have since i was a little girl with my mom. i was devastated when they cancelled all my children two years ago, and today, it's back! on hulu none the less. i knew it went "live" super early this morning, so off i went to watch it when Mr. left for work. it did not disappoint.

Alright friends. I'm off to Target to start my day off. Is there anything better?!

6 comments:

  1. I love Skinny Girl! I have never tried the cherry vodka! I want to try the Moscato wine next :) Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could hand craft a perfect weather day it would probably be 65 and sunny. You could wear jeans and a tanks orrr shorts and a cardi and be fine either way. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm I love that maxi. Love. Love. Love. Surprise trip eh?? Niiiice. Your idea or his? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun weekend!

    super cute dress!

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Susan Lucci still on the show even though it's not really on tv anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo