Image Map

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lauren Conrad, aka, my lifesaver

I was just a lowly college Freshman when Laguna Beach came out. And our dorm would cram in one girl's room and all watch it together. And then the Hills started, I may as well have moved out to LA.Reasons why she saved my life, aka, made me realize so much stuff in college?

1. She's beautiful. I mean, hello, look at her. I once got told I looked like her, back in my skinny blonde days, and it is still the top compliment I have ever received.


 2. During the later half of my college years, I began getting involved in some friendship drama. Figuring out who really was and wasn't my friend. Hearing people talk smack for nothing. And it was right when Heidi and Lauren had the big Spencer/Sex Tape debacle. Every Thursday night, it was like she was living my life.

3. She always gave the best advice.

4. And when things just started plain old sucking as these friendships came to a close, I still had LC, and she got me through it, every step of the way.

 The hurt feelings...

The facing reality part, that I am better off without certain people.

 And we cried black mascara tears together as we waited for things to get better.

And then she kicked my butt into gear, with exactly what I needed to hear.

 So a fresh start I did. With new friends, better friends, who didn't make me feel like I had to impress them to fit in.  I'll always have the memories with the crappy old friend, but glad I don't have them in my life.


5. Other life lessons from LC? Oh, she gives the best love advice. This gem never failed me to make me check shoes at the bar. You never know!

6. She made it ultra cool to be a cat lady.


7. She was stylish. Between bringing back leggings, there was also black nail polish that was all the rage thanks to our friend LC. I easily went 2 straight years with it on.


8. All my fashion tips have come from her. Like only exposing one body part, not all. And that being classy is just as sexy as being rapper music video sexy. 


Basically, I owe everything I learned in college to this girl. I mean, we're just meant to be best friends.
 In my head, we're besties already. And I say that in the least stalkerish way possible.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Lauren is amazing. And she has fabulous clothes at Kohls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LC is ridiculously good looking. I never understood how Kristen got more dudes than her.

    I totally agree with you on everything. I still have the first season of Laguna Beach on DVD and I may or may not watch it sometimes out of pure nostalgia. It's shameful, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, and I so agree with you on everything! LC is beautiful and a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is all so true!
    I absolutely LOVE LC! She really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I love her. I used to have wine nights with my roomies & we'd all watch. Not gonna lie, I still watch sometimes on Netflix. Love her... & stalking her fabulous life on insta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LC is my bestie, she just doesn't know it yet! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo