It's officially April, and hopefully the end of snow! I hope everyone had a great Easter, but for me, it's time to go through my monthly goals that I was initially so proud of...and then life got in the way. Suddenly, these goals didn't seem as important as spending time with family and being together with people. If I learned anything this month, it is that life's too short. There's always next month.
1. No pizza. Well, that lasted until the funeral. But at least it was only twice this month.
2. Get to Level 2 of my Jillian Michael's DVD. I didn't even put the DVD in, truth be told. I got it out, and put it on top of the DVD player.... sigh, maybe next month.
3. Finish the guest room! Half-way there! Bins were bought and I've been sorting things to put away. The bed is slowly becoming a bed again, and hopefully in the next week or two it will be "guest ready."
4. Buy something from Kiki La'Rue. Again... life got in the way, as well as unexpected expenses. Which meant buying myself something fun was not on the list. Before summer though, bet on it!
5. Work 8 days this month. I only got 5 in, and I'm okay with that. I did get multiple calls the week after the accident, and I just couldn't do it. I needed that time for me. I'm not going to apologize for that.
6. Bridal Shower Invitations out. One of the bridesmaids and I were on the same page as this and she called me literally as I was picking the phone up to call her. She had just talked to the Bride and had the list at her fingertips so she went ahead and ordered them. This I can say is DONE!
7. Something new for date night. DONE! Yup! #ClubSexy. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.
8. Try 3 new recipes this month. DONE! New Chicken recipe, pork chop recipe, and a fruit salad recipe for Easter. Super excited to cross this one off.
9. Figure out this ankle mystery. DONE! After a month of limping and not being able to point my toes, I finally gave in and went to the doctor. Turns out I have Achilles Tendonitis. It apparently means Physical Therapy, lots of ice, lots of Aleeve, no heels, and no running marathons. Still trying to fit in the PT appointment.
10. Start my 2011 scrapbook! Again, life got in the way. However, I did print off all pictures to be used in the scrapbook. Baby steps.
April Goals
1. Join the gym, and work out at least 10 days this month. I'll post something to go along with this goal later this week, but it needs to happen asap.
2. Work 9 days this month. We have quite a few Friday things scheduled, so with the math equation I have, this makes the most sense of "half" the school month.
3. Make some progress on that 2011 scrapbook! I will, I will, I will :)
4. Make a friend date! Honestly. Life has gotten in the way since the beginning of the year and I have yet to see any of my girl's since the Holidays. This needs to change, asap.
5. Figure out summer job situation. Asap.
What are your goals for this month? So far I've learned having a shorter list seems less daunting ;)
April Goals
1. Join the gym, and work out at least 10 days this month. I'll post something to go along with this goal later this week, but it needs to happen asap.
2. Work 9 days this month. We have quite a few Friday things scheduled, so with the math equation I have, this makes the most sense of "half" the school month.
3. Make some progress on that 2011 scrapbook! I will, I will, I will :)
4. Make a friend date! Honestly. Life has gotten in the way since the beginning of the year and I have yet to see any of my girl's since the Holidays. This needs to change, asap.
5. Figure out summer job situation. Asap.
What are your goals for this month? So far I've learned having a shorter list seems less daunting ;)
What kind of new chicken recipe did you try?
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about a shorter list. I used to make HUGE lists. HA.
ReplyDeleteGood for you though, seriously, with all that happened, you got a great deal done.
Family matters. Club Sexy was so necessary. I think you needed lots of love this past month.
Seems like you got just that! =) Good luck with your new goals! Such a great idea!