Image Map

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The things we do for love

Compromise. Listen. Go outside our comfort zone. Do things we normally wouldn't do. All of these are things that once you become a "couple," or married even, you start to budge about. To be sappy for a minute, I can say that every time the Mr. has pushed me to go out of my comfort zone, it has turned into a rather exciting experience that I am glad I got to take part in. There are little things, and big things that we do for our significant other. Things that we may not like, but our guy does. Things that scare the living daylights out of us, but in the end you're glad you did them together. 

A small thing for example, taking Mr. to the midnight showing of the last Pirate's movie. I personally am not a fan of these movies. I saw the first one, and I was good. Mr. however, loves these movies. And I knew how bad he wanted to see it. Horror movies, I don't budge on. But this one I at least could do for him. 
Then there's the "big" things. The relationship testers. Let's just say when it comes to opposites, that's exactly what we are. The Mr. is an adrenaline junkie. Give him roller coasters, sky diving, bungee jumping, anything like that and he is 100% in. Me? Heights, adrenaline, not having my feet on the ground.... yeah, I'll pass. 

Some of you may remember when we did that whole swimming with dolphins thing, which meant since Mr. did something I wanted to do, it had to be returned. Guess who about jumped out of her skin when Mr.'s choice was zip-lining. Um..... excuse me? 


My awesome paint job. We started way at the top of the bluff. From there, we went across the water to a mid-way stop, then across the water again to get back to the island. 

I put this off for as long as possible before Mr. practically begged me to go. I was not feeling it. To go from the top the bluff, OVER water... yeah, not my cup of tea. But then next thing I knew,  the Mr.was standing right in front of me and what he said... 
"Think of this as a test of our relationship. You have to trust me. You have to know nothing is going to happen, and that it will be something we will remember forever. It's something we will be doing together, as a way to start off our relationship. If you choose not to do it, I will still love you and I will still go. I just know I will have more fun if you do it with me." 

Um, really?! In that moment I wanted to hug him and profess my love again all over to him, but I also wanted to slap him. Of course he had to appeal to my emotional side. So with a seal of a kiss, I took his hand and away we went. Somehow, we got separated. Mr. went first, and then because there was a family with kids who needed a guide to go with them, they got put between us. At this point my head was screaming, WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE?!?! Didn't they know I needed the reassurance of my husband?!?!  The mom chickened out once the guy already had her attached. It obviously annoyed the guy who made a "last call" for any other chickens. I wanted to run, big time. Mr. was already half way done, I could just meet him at the end. Next thing I knew, I was hooked up and taking baby steps to the edge. Finally the guy looked at me and said, "Lady, if you don't go, I'm going to push you." 

Well, that was all the motivation I needed. Off I went, and I can honestly say I don't remember the first run. Pretty sure my eyes were closed and I was holding my breath. I'm fairly certain of that since the guy told me, "Mamacita, breath," when I landed at the next stop. The photographer was ready to go, apparently so was I.


Off I went, and this one I remember actually opening my eyes, and it was beautiful. My heart was still racing out of my skin, and I couldn't wait to hook up for the last one. I was excited....because in that last hut, was my husband. As I landed in the last one, the guy unhooked me and Mr. grabbed me up in the biggest hug. I did it! I faced my enormous fear of heights and did something for my husband, something we could enjoy together, forever. It's a memory that we look back on fondly and laugh, and know we'll probably never have the chance to do again. Knowing that, I am so glad I did it....with my best friend.

3 comments:

  1. That looks SO fun!! I think I would poop my pants though....I am super afraid of heights! I don't even like looking out of office windows when I'm high up. Such a baby! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What E said to you was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that was just beautiful!! ♥

    Great pics by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo