Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Speechless

Last night, my mom and I were out shopping for a bridal shower gift and I have to admit, it was nice to get away from all the news lately. Then, we came home and I hear of the explosion in West, Texas. 
Again, another heart break. 
I immediately texted Mr. and his response about summed it up,
"Damn. What is going on this week?" 

Guys. I have never liked this week. With everything that has gone on historically this week, it's always made me uneasy. That's just my nature. I'm a worry-wart. I'm an at nature anxious person in pressure situations. And I'm a worst case thinker, which drives my family nuts. And history has shown, this is the week people just go nuts. Whether there's the correlation between Hitler's birthday or it's spring fever, there's something in the air this time of year. 

Boston bombing. School shutdown for fear of shooter an hour from me. Ricin on envelopes of political figures. Flooding in our state already. Sinkholes from all the rain. And now the West,Texas explosion. 

My heart breaks for those who have lost their lives.
My heart breaks for those who have to learn how to live with their injuries.
My heart breaks for those who no longer have homes in Texas.
For the burned, wounded, and missing. 

Friends, please take a minute and hug your family members.
Say a prayer for people in Boston and Texas. 
And reflect on all that you have.
And put it into persepective with what is going on in our world today.
You are blessed.


4 comments:

  1. I wish people would remember that there are a lot of good things in the world. People behind bombings want other people to become depressed and fearful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just awful everything that is going on. Makes you want to hug your loved ones even tighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time not getting really invested in my anxiety over news stories too. Like if there's a story about child or pet abuse, I literally have to change the channel because I'll think too hard about the sadness. So with everything last week I definitely got way to stressed about it :/ You're not alone when it comes to anxiety that keeps you up at night!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo