Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Where's my sun?

Yesterday was a balmy 50 degrees and the sun was out at full force. We went grocery shopping in jeans and tshirts in the evening and it was a wonderful welcome to spring. Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 4 am to rain showers. That don't seem to want to dwindle anytime soon. Did I mention Thursday's forecast is SNOW. Yeah. Mother Nature needs to stop PMSing, pronto. 

Fair Warning: I took like, zero pictures this weekend. I'm horrible.

This Weekend we.. started our weekend on Friday. Husband had some appointments back home, and we got to spend the weekend at the farm. Friday night we headed up to the Country Club for their fish fry, and believe it or not...  this girl ate fish. If you know me, you know I'm not a fish fan at all. But, I ate a few pieces and filled up on salad the rest of the night. 


This weekend we... spent Saturday visiting with Mr.'s family. His sister and her little girl came over. She's slowly getting comfortable around Mr, but of course she was all about her Aunt Cayla ;) Mr worked around the barn with his dad, and in the afternoon we went over to visit his Grandma. Saturday night we went out to dinner at a pub about 30 minutes north, and it was good food. Mr. got prime rib and after a few bites of his, I so wish I would have too. It melted in my mouth it was so amazing. YUM!


This weekend we.. headed back Sunday morning and made sure to stop at Culver's for lunch. Since I gave it up for Lent, I was craving a Butterburger like noooo other! Not to mention some Strawberry Shortcake, which we can't get in our neck of the woods. 
 

This weekend I.. kept getting emails from my mom with "chunk updates," since she was watching him for the weekend. This one made my heart melt. They're all finally getting along!! 

This weekend we.. picked up Casanova and apparently Honey didn't want him to leave. Another jailbreak.



This weekend we.. spent Friday morning on the phone ordering our LUKE BRYAN TICKETS! I tried to surprise the Mr. with them for V-day at his concert in Green Bay, but it was sold out. You can bet your bottom dollar I was on the phone at 10:59 to make sure we got them when he comes to Summerfest! 

This weekend I... used the new Suave Keratin for the first time. Loved how my hair felt after. Hated how my hair smelled. Like I just got a perm. Ugh. 

This weekend I... watched the ACM awards. Quick notes: Eric Church got robbed and should have won more then he did, Eli Young Band should have won, Blake & Luke were hilarious, and I'm beyond blown away by the Garth/George duet. Especially because it touched on Dick Clark. Hello tears. 


5 comments:

  1. Garth & George ..... brought chills to me!! I LOVE them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you on all counts in regards to the ACMs.
    Reading your posts everyday, I feel like we are the same person.
    You already know that.
    Hahaha I had a perm once. Smells like fish for a week.
    Jealous of your Luke Bryan tickets.
    You motivated me to get my butt on ticketmaster & look for a summer concert.
    Happy MONDAY! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate fish too! So glad I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO idea what a butterburger but it sounds de-lish! I am so jealous of your Luke Bryan tix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to go to a Luke Bryan concert! He has several good songs.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo