Image Map

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Saw it.Pinned it. DID IT!

Super stoked to link up with Steph & Katie today! Last week I was out of town and didn't have any internet so I was kinda bummed I couldn't do it. This week, I'm all in!

This was the origional pin that I just needed to have.







source
This is ADORBS! However, the only thing stopping me from ordering it was the $. I know, $14 doesn't seem like much. But then add in shipping costs, and unfortunately friends, it's money I don't have to spend. With this whole "unemployed" thing, Hubz says I'm not allowed to spend money on "frivolous" things. I asked, this was considered "frivolous."  Humph.

Enter, a light bulb! We have a printer! We have photo paper! I could totally pull this off. But wait... I don't have a "photoshop" type program. Another light bulb! PicMonkey! So, here's how I made my own.

Step 1:
Open "paint" program. Make a plain white document, change the shape however you wish. I made mine skinnier & longer since I knew what frame I was going to put it in.Save document.

Step 2: 
Head on over to www.picmonkey.com, and choose "edit a photo." Open your saved document.

Step 3:
Click the fancy "P" setting and voila! Tons of options at your disposal. I used "Special Elite" for the dates, and "Marcelle Script" for the wording.

Step 4: 
Save your finalized document and close picmonkey. Open your document, put photo paper in the printer, and press Print! Once printed, stick in an old frame.

And there you have it friends..... the final product!





Have a great day lovlies, & thanks for stopping by my lil' ol' blog!
xo

4 comments:

  1. I need this in my life! Definitely pinning :) thank you for sharing and for linking up with us girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG LOVE! I pinned this too but never got around to making it!! THanks so much for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo