I got up bright & early [6 am], so that I could get any possible "deals." Not that it mattered much. We aren't doing a huge Christmas this year, so while I went into it thinking I'd get all my Christmas shopping done, I maybe got a thing or two for hubby, & my mom's birthday gift. Kind of a bummer, but I plan to get all of our Christmas shopping within the next week or two. At least I get to take a trip to Target today to get more Christmas decorations!
We got all Christmas up in this house last night which was SUPER exciting to me. Hubby wasn't digging the Christmas Carols blaring, so he decided to just go ahead & decorate our porch. We got those fancy schmancy icle lights and our place looks fantastic! Inside it looks like Christmas exploded, yipee! We got a wittle bitty guy of a tree, and as I took out the ornaments I realized we had no hooks! Ugh. So, that's what my Target trip entails today. And a return of the sequin sweater I got last week for Turkey day [I put pictures on Twitter], cause it made homegirl look muy preggo.
This weekend was beyond relaxing & just what we both needed. E had to work Friday morning & then he headed home to play in his alumni basketball tournament, and I got to spend some time with my brother & mom & extended family for a baby shower.Copious amounts of food were consumed, lots of laughs, and a memorable weekend - in the books!
![]() |
| The kittens were all about hubby |
![]() |
| Thanksgiving pic/right before grey Thursday shopping |
![]() |
| Baby shower |
![]() |
| Our "present" from E's niece this weekend |
We were also some of those crazies that did the shopping Thursday night. Not my choice, let's make that clear. Hubby's been wanting a new TV for-flippin-ever, and decided what better time then Turkey Day.... uh huh. So, we first went to Walmart to "compare prices." It was a nuthouse. Never again. I'm so glad we didn't buy anything. As much as I was tempted to buy some Christmas things, the lines weren't worth it. So, we headed to a local family store, and bought our TV there. In & out in an hour. He was quite a happy camper afterwards, so I guess it was all worth it. And it was definitely nice to watch the Packer game on something where we could read the numbers! It just woulda been nice to watch an actual game. womp womp.
I also convinced Hubby to go on an awesome day date this Saturday instead of heading to the Big Ten Championship. We did it last year, and this year... well, I don't think either of us could handle the heart attack about to happen. I have every bit of faith that they will win over those Huskers, but we don't feel like spending the money when last year's experience was so amazing. I always feel like it won't live up to it. Hubby's condition for doing this day date? Miami for the 'ship to see his love, Notre Dame. Yeah, not happening.





seriously, love your post girl! from reading it, i literally thought... wow this girl is awesome. and i just know if we were to ever meet in real life, we'd so totally be friends! uhm, you're not from canada by chance hey? haha!
ReplyDeleteyour hubby is super adorable too!
hugs!
looks like you had such a great weekend! your thanksgiving outfit is cute!
ReplyDelete