Crazy I know, but the sooner it is to Christmas, the sooner I may actually have a husband again. Monday = another 70 hour work week, which means my husband & I won't see much of each other. It's been a long month to say the least. But, as E says, at least he's coming home every night. And yes, I am thankful for that.
Let's talk about this crazy/whirlwind/who the heck knows weekend. I found myself just, brain blank for lack of better words. First, we were suppose to meet E's parents for dinner sometime this weekend. Friday, E couldn't get out of work early enough, and Saturday just didn't work out either. So, the consensus was they would come see our place & go to Brunch and spend the day with us Sunday. Great! Super excited!
So, Friday, I noticed chunk's eyes were super goopy & looking like he was crying. Upon further inspection, I noticed they were dark red around the rims. Ugh. So I started thinking and there was only one way he could've gotten it... Mom's new kitten. Honey had an eye infection this week, and I had to give her eye drops. I can only assume I didn't wash my hands between putting in her eye drops & messing with my chunk. That meant I had to scramble find a vet around our new area and make an appointment for first thing in the morning. I felt horrible that it was my fault, and I think E could tell cause he 1) didn't throw a fit about having to pay a vet bill, & 2) took me out to dinner, where these were consumed.
![]() |
| Source |
[back story: Journey is coming to the city next to us Friday. I have been mentioning it at least twice a week since the beginning of October. Our final song was to Journey at our wedding, and we used many Journey songs to communicate our feelings when E was on the road for work. Therefore, this is something I'm dying to go to. I have brought it up during dinner multiple times, posted it on his facebook, emailed him the ticket link multiple times, and have just been waiting for a "yes" from him, depending how this project goes. ]
[Open Arms playing on the radio]
Me: Man, I sure hope we can see them next week.
E: Who?
Me: Journey.....
E: Why would we see them?
Me: .... because they're coming to Milwaukee on Friday.
E: Oh yeah? That'd be a fun show! Why didn't you tell me.
GUYS. I kid you not, I wanted to bang my friggin' head into the window! Seriously?! But oh, this was apparently just the start of the whole, "you're talking but your husband's never listening" thing. The following conversation than took place as I was making dinner. After I had spent all day cleaning since E told me his parents were coming Sunday. Just remember what I said, okay?
Me: Babe, did you call your parents to confirm a time tomorrow?
E: No, not yet. I still have to find a place for us to meet.
Me: I thought we were going to Harry's for brunch?
E: I don't want to make them drive all the way over here. I thought we could just meet them somewhere in the middle.
^ SERIOUSLY!? So of course, I just zipped my lips and dropped it. And no joke, 45 minutes later..
E: Hey... did you clean all day cause you thought my parents were coming?
No hubby, I didn't. I did it because I thoroughly enjoy it. Ohemgee. So, once he figured that out, problem solved. They came over & it was a wonderful little Sunday.
I'm also assuming I learned how to wrestle an alligator, if I ever had to, after trying to get this ointment in my cat's eyes. It looks like this;
It started to rain mid-afternoon so we had a movie marathon. Has anyone seen "The Campaign?"
Sorry this is quite long. But for real, does anyone have this problem with their husband as well? I'm seriously just chalking it up to him working so many hours......


haha this made me lol. Boys, boys, boys! I probably would have killed Ryan at that point and not been able to keep my mouth shut! At least it all worked out in the end :)
ReplyDelete