Image Map

Monday, November 5, 2012

$2,700 richer!

I wish! Wouldn't that be nice?
If only Saturday night happened with real money, I'd be the happiest girl in the universe!
This weekend was definitely a "college days" weekend, and we paid for it on Sunday but it was worth it.

Friday was nothing exciting since Hubby had worked about 70 hours this week. When he did get home, we headed to our nearby "restaurant that shall be unnamed due to horrible service." Let's call it "A." They had a promotion going on where you could get a burger & beer for $5.99. OBVS we were all for it. But, apparently it takes 45 minutes to get your food there. Uh huh. And we were told we could get a "free dessert," which we did, but it was only about 4 bucks off the bill. Did I mention our waitress came to our table maybe 3 times? I know I'm being a bit critical, but I worked as a waitress for 5 years, and our company had amazing standards, even being voted, "the best in the industry" at one point. So my expectations are a bit high. It took all I had not to blast them all over social media as the manager was just as ridiculous. And when we left, there were 5 waiters/greeters just chillin' at the hostess stand, half on their iPhones, half just chatting, not a single goodbye. My blood was boiling to say the least. Oh, I also made these puppies during hubby's shower. The first one is an ode to my beloved "Friday Night Lights," "clear eyes, full heart, can't lose." RIP Coach Taylor & Rayna James Tami Taylor.


Saturday, E's work had a casino party and it was a blast. Free food, free drinks, lots of dancing. It was exactly what I think we needed. We all got $1500 in poker chips, and I was kinda bummed to find out it wasn't real money. I have never done any gambling before outside of the penny slots when I went to Vegas, so I was kind of intimidated. However, I had the sweetest old lady running the blackjack table I was at and man I kicked some butt!! E stuck right with me until he decided he needed to put $500 on Texas Hold 'em and see what happens. Boy was I glad it was fake money then! But I have to say I was completely blown away as E had worked from 5am-noon. Yet he was a complete trooper, thanks to the influence of his friends Spotted Cow & Miller Lite, and we didn't even leave til 1ish! Peeps, if you know us, this is unheard of.

 most obnoxious picture of me, like ever. I had to show my curling iron actually worked though.

we didn't think to get a picture until the end of the night. which meant nobody was sober enough to work the camera. this was the best one that came out, out of 6.

Sunday was nothing exciting except the Packer game. I finally wore my Jordy Nelson jersey... it's only been sitting in my closet since Christmas. Oops! At least they won. We ended up napping the rest of the afternoon/night away and daylights savings totes screwed with us. One last photo dump, belated Halloween pics.
 Halloween Pizza for dinner. 

wine + charlie brown cup + great pumpkin on TV = perfect halloween night

PS; last thing, PROMISE, Lady GaGa's backhanded compliment in this article? 
Seriously? EVERYBODY talks about Adele's weight. Especially your "little monsters." They have mentioned time and time again "how dare that [insert fat insult] win over Lady GaGa." blah blah blah. I've never liked Lady GaGa, but this was just shitty of her. Excuse my language. 

xo

1 comment:

  1. pizza always seem to be what we had for dinner on halloween too i don't know why! but it is always delicious

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo