Do y'all remember this little ditty that went around on facebook a good 4 years ago? I was "cleaning up" my facebook the other day, yanno... untagging pictures, defriending people I never talk to, those fun things, and came across one of the only notes I did. I thought it'd be fun to not only post it on here, but go through with my "new thoughts," of how true they remained, or how far from the truth they are now!
1. I spent 4 years of college learning what I didn't want to
happen in my life. Between a career choice that didn't turn out and
relationships that I have learned more about myself from then anything,
I'd like to say it was money down the drain. When it comes to a life
lesson though - it definitely did it's job.
truth! college is a story for another day I feel like.
2. Apparently I should
have stuck to my gut when my 7 year old self said "I want to be a
teacher." A year and a half after graduation and now I'm going back to
school to get my teaching license.
And while I did that, I ended up getting screwed over and still don't have my license. You can read about that here.
3. This summer my doctor
removed one too many "close call moles" - since then I have a mini-freak
out before getting into the tanning bed. It's still a stress reliever
for me.
I have had one more mole removed since then, & now have yearly checks. There's quite a few being "watched," which means the tanning habit has gone far far away.
4. 2009 has turned out way better then I expected. Then
again, everything happens when you least expect it and aren't looking
for it. I believe that to the fullest.
I'll agree with that! I believe I wrote this when I met my husband, so yes :)
5. I am finally ready to find out what my natural hair color is, and to stick to it!
Yes, and YES! I found out my hair color in January of 2010, and have yet to do anything to it. I have gotten it cut twice (yikes!) since then, but am now going back and forth on color & cut for the new year.
6.Football
and Baseball are seasons to me. Which means when you ask me what my
favorite season is, there’s a pretty good chance I will say one of the
above. And yes, I do have a countdown to the start of each of them.
Yes and no. Still a big football fan, baseball not as much. I do have a countdown to Badger football, but I now start it during the summer instead of the last game of the season. My obsession has passed a bit.
7.
I’m a big believer in first impressions, though I do love when people
prove me wrong and you end up getting a friend outta the deal.
Still the truth!
8. I
have a tendency to over-play my new "it" song of the moment and about a
month later, I'm already sick of it. However, with country music that
doesn't seem to be the case :]
This is actually funny as I no longer do this, but man my husband is beyond guilty of this!
9.I’m slowly becoming a “big girl”
and saving money for things that really matter and paying my bills. I
get a bit of satisfaction out of it.
This hasn't happened in quite awhile with the whole "unemployed" situation. I'm hoping 2013 means different... especially since we have destination weddings to attend!
10.I love love love doing laundry. Cooking on the other hand... I'm getting better and love having people to cook for!
Still the truth! Though I love cooking a bit more then laundry :)
11. I have to check at least AOL, People.com, and FoxSports daily. Otherwise I feel completely out of the loop with everything.
This has now changed to People, Facebook, Twitter, & Bloglovin.
12.
My kitten is my little baby. And he's weird... as in sits on his
haunches, gives me kisses, plays fetch with me, and has the longest ear
hair I've ever seen. But he's my little chunk and I wouldn't trade him
for the world :]
Amen.
13.The only type of music I will not listen to is
headbangers ball crap. I grew up on country and the oldies and would
rather listen to that then z104.
Still the same here.
14. I love the Christmas season -
but I do not love when radio stations start playing Christmas after
Halloween. I like to enjoy my "autumn" before being forced into winter
and the holiday season.
Still agree. While I'm very into the Christmas season this year, I do not like when radio stations start playing Christmas music November 1st.
15. I use to be the biggest tomboy growing
up, but over the years pink has grown to be my favorite color and
manicures are the best for a bad day. I could still do without the mall
though.
Manicures are the best when you can afford them. just saying.
16. I have all these "dreams" of taking mini-weekend
vacays and would love to do so - however there's that whole money issue.
Sometimes I hate being a big girl.
Totes McGoats still feel this way.
17. My obsession with Brett
Favre is still there, even though he's now a Viking. I don't care what
anyone says, I am still a Packer fan, but I still love Brett. And yes, I
am "that person" who thinks he left thanks to Thompson's pushing. I
have a theory, I'll gladly explain it :]
Yes, yes, yes. Even after the cell phone scandal. Still love this man.
18. Speaking of the
Packers, the more stupid management decisions made, the harder it is for
me to watch them every week. Knowing things could have been avoided and
certain players should be on the sidelines, and certain ones are being
pushed out the door.... it's frustrating.
A-friggin-gree.
19. I've really started to have a laid-back attitude about relationships.
Pretty sure I was thinking about friendships with this one. That's a blog for another day.
20.
In the last 6 months, I have really built some thick skin and some
thick walls. I can count the number of people I trust on one hand and
for once it doesn't bother me at all. "I'd rather have a few close
friends then tons of fake ones."
Mhmmmmmm!
21.I am short. And I am fully
aware of that. The saying “stating the obvious” tends to come to mind
when people comment on my height.
Yup, haven't grown any.
22. Sarcasm is my middle name.
Unfortunately unless you really know me, it’s going to come off as
completely bitchy. Sorry in advance.
This has gotten better. Not as bitchy ;]
23. Reading is fun to me. No
matter how busy I am, I try to take time out to relax and read. And
pretty much anything works. Especially those trashy romance novels in
the summer ;]
Truth. You should see the stack of library books I have. Due in 2 weeks! Yikes!
24. In the last 9 months, I have never been happier.
I have so much to be thankful for and I definitely have to pinch myself
sometimes.
Since 2009, I have never been happier :]
25.I would lose my mind without my day planner. I buy my purses so that they're big enough to fit it, it's just how I roll :]
This was before I learned about Erin Condren. Now, I can't live without it.
Crazy! I don't think I've changed that much, but when you look at this, I definitely have. I'd like to say it's for the better. These things are quite funny, aren't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo