Tuesday, November 6, 2012
We're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Kaye
I was taught growing up there were three things you didn't openly talk about; politics, religion, & money. So my vote is my choice, and it will stay private. I did my "civic duty" and that's that. I'm boycotting twitter & facebook until this mess is over, and I will wait until tomorrow to read the results, but I'm putting 5 on it that there will be a recount anyways.
So, as the above says, I'm all about Christmas these days! I have no idea why, normally I'm the anti-Christmas and on anybody's case that they start this businass before Thanksgiving, but this year, not too irritated by it. Granted, I'm not putting up the tree, decorating, or listening to music until after Thanksgiving, but I've started looking through my boxes of decorations, putting together some Pinterest ideas, and definitely have been dabbling in the Christmas shopping. The last few years, the company I worked for only got paid once a month, the last school day of the month. So that meant, I got paid the Friday before Christmas break, and did my shopping first thing Saturday morning before we headed out of town for Christmas. Last year I had to wait until the day before Christmas eve and it was SO not okay. This year, I'm a bit excited to be able to shop when I want to. I'm hoping to have a paycheck or two and get a job before then, but either way Hubby said I can start when I want too. Woo WOO!
Today I just wanted to share with you some pictures from the cabin trip we did with my family back at the beginning of October. I was waiting to get some pictures since my camera went a little haywire. We rented a cabin up north, and it was huge. It slept up to 21 people, 2 fireplaces, a huge rec room downstairs, huge main floor and upstairs, there was a hot tub outside, and did I mention it was all on the lake?? God, it was breathtaking. The pictures don't do justice. We've already rented it for next autumn and I can't wait!
The little love muffin I'm snuggling is my cousin Jenn's new baby girl. She is AH-DORABLE! She was due 2 days after our wedding, and this was the first time I got to see the little muff. We all played pass the baby & I've been fortunate to see her a few times since. She's still just a little meatball! Surprisingly enough, the baby fever I get passes quite quickly. Hubby isn't sure he believes me!
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo