Image Map

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it!

Yipee! Another SPDLinkUp Day. I may be lying if I said I didn't knock two projects out of the park yesterday. I bought all the supplies for one I'll share next week, and this one took FOREVER to dry, so why not start the next. Holllla, city of Squallaaaa. [name that movie.]

So, let's get this party started!




Source

This was the original pin that I found on good ol' pinterest. I made some changes to it, such as using a Canvas instead of wood. I didn't want to have to paint the wood numero uno, and I had some canvas I got on sale at Michael's laying around the house. 

First things first, you need your supplies. I decided since we have zero wedding pictures around the house, I would edit one to maybe try and like it, [my homegirl Steph knows all about my dislike of our wedding pictures. ] I made this little ditty on PicMonkey. Got my canvas, my modge podge, paint brush, & my "poster picture." 9.99 at Walgreens.

You're going to take the modge podge & just goop it all over the canvas, so the picture has something to stick too. Obviously you want it as streak free as possible. By goop I mean just mounds of MP on that sucker.  As soon as you're done, place that pretty little poster on there.

Next, I MP the heck out of the top of the picture, going horizontal. 

Then did it vertical... 

Let it dry overnight & voila! Finished product. 



It turned out just "okay." There were a few spots where I didn't blend well enough, oops! Hubby & I plan on giving the 'rentals canvas prints from the wedding for Xmas as a "thank you" for all their hard work for the wedding. I had thought if this turned out great we could save some moolah and do it this way, but we both agreed we'll just order them! 

Alright girls, second order of business. Taking hubby on a surprise day date on Saturday. I don't wanna give it away yet, but I need some advice. Outfit! We're going to be walking outside, as well as stopping inside for a few things as well. And because Wisconsin is sooo with the seasons,[ And Ohio, right Katie?] it's gonna be mid-50's,! I don't wanna bring a jacket, but I get chilled very easy. Any suggestions you have would be GREAT! 


5 comments:

  1. That's really neat! I may just have to try that sometime soon! I just invested in some Hodge Podge to make homemade drink coasters, so I need to add to my DIY to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm yes, to the Ohio thing! haha!! What about a vest with a plaid shirt?! That's what I would wear! Also, good job on the project!! looks amazing.

    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I love this so so much!!! Like, I totally wanna do this!! (Sidenote: yes, you already know I feel ya on the bunk wedding photos!) I think it turned out great!!!

    Oh-and of course, thank you for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too!! It looks great in the pictures--what didn't you like about it? Just the parts where the modge podge didn't set right? I think I might give it a try in the next few weeks!!

    ps-I was wondering what you were crafting all night, I can't wait to see next weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo