I think it's safe to say the highlight of my weekend, besides seeing ER, was getting this beauty back.
This Weekend I... was suppose to get my ring back Friday. After a long day of working and another migraine - 3 days in a row - I just wanted my ring back. I didn't care they never called, I just went straight to pick it up. The original lady who tried to "help" me was a total yatch, and thankfully the manager recognized me from the previous time I was in and was quick to step in and let me know there was an "issue" with the stones being loose so it'd be another 2 weeks. Excuse me? So I may or may not have told a little white lie that I was leaving out of town and needed it by the end of the weekend. He got on the phone with the store owner and "pulled some strings," so that I would get it by closing on Saturday. Ain't no shame.
This Weekend I... didn't kick it off on the best note. With my migraines and not getting home til 7 pm, the last thing I wanted to do was cook. ER ended up not leaving work until super late either, and it was almost 8 by the time he got home. He just grabbed a pizza on the way home for dinner and I was BEYOND proud of myself for showing some control with only 1 slice and 1 breadstick. Huge peeps! Bedtime was 9:30. We're real party animals in this house. Oh, and we have a peeping Tom too.
This Weekend I... spent Saturday in Madison. ER had an oil change for his work vehicle and I was waiting for my ring. We were able to grab some Mother's Day gifts and take a stroll around the mall. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was at a mall for more then 15 minutes, just in and out. Our malls aren't the safest place to be, but at least I felt safe with ER. Not to mention we maybe got some of that disgusting food court food for lunch. It's easily been over 2 years, so we weren't feeling too guilty. After we picked up my ring, we stopped at Hy-Vee for some grocery shopping. We love that place, even if the prices are a bit more. And it meant we had a full fridge... first time since Christmas!
This Weekend I... headed over to Chilis (3rd time in a week....), to meet my Mom, Godparents, and Aunt for a Mother's Day dinner. My Mom wanted to only work on her garden for Mother's Day so we celebrated early. Afterwards we stopped at my Godparent's house for a quick visit and were home just in time for SNL. Kristin Wiig.... I just don't find it that funny. #sorrynotsorry
This Weekend I...enjoyed every bit of our relaxing Sunday. Naps with my love and my chunk, quick Walmart run, and grilling out for dinner. BBQ Chicken, corn on the cob, and my "homemade" pasta salad. Add in some amazing Almond Poppyseed cake with fresh 'berries... heaven.
This Weekend I... did some smoothie prep! Making it official on the bloggity blog friends. That way you can all hold me accountable. Last week, one of my girls and I decided to do a Smoothie only diet, and lean meat for dinner (we aren't that crazy!). Well, my visit from Mother Nature was in full force, add in 3 days of migraines, and the last thing I wanted was smoothies. I lasted a day and a half. This week, I plan on lasting all flippin' week! However, as I said I am not a crazy person, so I do plan on snacking on pea pods and celery to get me through that growling stomach. And like I said, some small chicken for dinner. Time to kick this weight loss into overdrive.
Happy Monday friends!








Migraines are the absolute worst! Sorry your weekend started off with them! And way to go on your diet! What are you putting in your smoothies?
ReplyDeleteNo shame in demanding your ring back. Two weeks for a loose stone? That's fixable in a few hours. Ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your ring back!! You must feel so much better with it on!
ReplyDeleteLove me some Chilis. I don't remember the last time I went!
Isn't it the best feeling in the world to have a full fridge?!
Best of luck with the smoothie diet! =D
Your ring is GORGEOUS! And I probably would have cried if they told me 2 more weeks... good thing you were quick on your feet and told that lie, ha ha!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your migraines :( That sounds awful!
Yay...no more Alexis ring!!! Almond Poppy seed cake?! I need the low down!!!
ReplyDelete