Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

30 Second Dance Party

 Some people get their teaching ideas from other teacher's. 
Some get them from books. 
Some get them from conferences, meetings, or classes they've attended.
I get mine from Grey's Anatomy. 

Oh yes. You heard that right.

When I taught the 4K kids, we'd have a "wiggle break." 
10 seconds for the kids to get all the wiggles out they could before we went back to whatever needed to get done that day. 

But when I transitioned to teaching, especially those older kids, a "wiggle break" brought me the weirdest looks ever. 
You know the kind. The "who the heck is this lady" kind. 

Enter Grey's Anatomy. 


30 second dance break. 
When nobody is listening. When people are confused. Kids getting frustrated. 
When things are just nuts and need to be redirected, we do a 30 second dance party. 

Try it some day. Apply it to your every day life. When you just need a second to breath, or to celebrate the littlest of victories, or the biggest of victories... I guarantee a smile. 

2 comments:

  1. YES! I would make my kids do jumping jacks when I started student teaching... but dancing?! WHy didn't I think of that?! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is reason 45676843285 I LOVE you!!! Everyone needs to learn life lesson from Grey's and have a wiggle break!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo