As a 4K teacher, I am privy to a variety of children's books. However, the ones that always top the list and get the most giggles are the, "If you give a Mouse a Cookie," series. Last night, I was watching Housewives of OC, crazy ladies by the way, and happened to glance in the kitchen. Where there were piles of dishes in the sink, and on the side of the sink, and it was gross. So I said, "Fiiiiine self. I guess I'll go unload the dishwasher and put new dishes in." I mean, how have they not found a robot for this yet?
However, as I'm doing this....I realize all the sudden I'm in the bathroom. And the linen closet. And for cryin' out loud, I'm my own darn mouse with a chore, instead of a delicious cookie my tummy desperately wants.
If you have Cayla do the dishes......
chances are she's going to need a towel.
As she grabs a new towel.....
she'll realize all her towels are no longer folded.
While she folds the kitchen towels...
she'll see that the oven towel is still from Easter. She'll need to change that.
When she changes to a new towel.....
she'll realize the old towel was dirty and needs to go in the wash.
As she tosses the towel into the laundry basket...
she'll see she needs a new loofah in the shower.
When she hangs up the new loofah....
she'll wrinkle her nose at how dirty her tub looks.
So, she'll decide to clean her tub.
When she finishes cleaning her tub, she'll realize she needs to clean the sink.
When she goes to clean the sink....
she realizes she needs to unload the dishwasher.
In other news.....
I won a free hour photography session from a former high school friend on facebook yesterday. Wooohoo! That means I get to take more pictures with that handsome face up there. We're thinkin' Wedding Re-shoots or a fun 1st anniversary. ER was just as excited as I was, love that man.
Check out her page on facebook; Woodville Dream Photography.
And ps, if you are dying for some good soulful country music during your day, try "Garth Brooks" pandora station. My heart has been super happy the last 24 hours. That man just speaks to me.
And ps, if you are dying for some good soulful country music during your day, try "Garth Brooks" pandora station. My heart has been super happy the last 24 hours. That man just speaks to me.

Love me some Garth. & Girl, that is a gorgeous picture of you. You just don't take a bad picture. Ever.
ReplyDeleteToo funny. Last night I went to dry the dishes with the towel that hangs on our stove... and it was a pink Easter towel with bunnies on it and I thought I was the biggest loser for not noticing. Girl.... We share brain cells. It's clear. It's scary. But it's pretty great =)
Thank you for giving me my laugh of the day!! This is an awesome post. I do this all the time. it doesnt help hat I'm a perfectionist and organizational freak. When folding towels I'll go put them away and realize that all the clean towels have been messed up. So now I have to go refold those. It makes for a very interesting chore session. That picture of you is gorgeous!
ReplyDeletehttp://happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com
Haha! That is so me! I call it blonde brain...we can never focus on just one thing :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see new beautiful pics of you!!!!
I am the SAME WAY. It's like I've already started so I might as well keep going...
ReplyDeleteALso thanks for the PRO TIP on Garth Brooks Pandora. It has made my week.