This has been a very interesting week to say the least. So interesting in fact, that I figured the only way to really explain it would be to pick out the pits & the peaks. Ya know, Kardashian style.
Peak
I worked 3 days this week. Since the new year, I've worked at least 2 days a week, if not more. As awesome as this is, and as great as the school/kids are, it does give me a little more stress about what to do in the job situation. Subbing isn't a "full time" solution, and right now, we could use the income.
Pit
Tuesday morning I woke up cursing the mother of pearl with a charlie horse [cramp for those unfamiliar with that term...] in my right calf. Holy hell it hurt. Come 2 hours later, it's still cramping up as I'm trying to get ready and do things around the house. I had so many errands to run and thought that by walking around it would help stretch it out...ohhhhh no. By Tuesday night I was in tears it was so tight and I could barely put any pressure on it. Then about 4:30 Wednesday morning, I woke up cursing the high heavens with it cramping AGAIN. So I took aleve like it was going out of style and tried to stretch it out the best I could, but I could barely walk without limping. Thankfully by Thursday night, while it was still tight, the limp was gone and it wasn't a constant pain. Thanks to all my twitter/blogger friends who suggested bananers, they definitely seemed to help at the time :)
Peak
All the amazing new music I've downloaded the past couple of weeks. Be prepared for a post next week of nothing but songs you should probably have on your ipod/walkmen/cd player ;)
Pit
Wisconsin weather. 57 one day. 3 the next. Throw in a snow advisory and an ice storm.... yup.
Peak
Wisconsin weather. Since E's job puts him primarily outside, when the weather gets to be about 10 degrees or lower, they call it quits. Thankfully, E doesn't get "laid off," as he can just hang out in the office and do paperwork. The peak of this? I got my best friend back on Wednesday instead of Friday. Holllla!
Pit
Wednesday was the snowstorm, and while I did a majority of my errands during the thunderstorms the day before, I forgot to stop at the post office and I had to have something dated the 30th. I knew my car was iced over, so E said to take his truck. GUYS. I never drive his truck. He has offered since he got it, but it is his baby. We don't even park near people at the store, he doesn't want anything to happen to it! So..given the weather and the fact that the post office is 3 blocks away, I sucked it up and figured, "What's the worst that can happen?" So, in the 10 minutes it took to drop the package off and get back home, holy crap did it start coming down like no other. Sideways, front ways, any ways. I could barely keep the wipers going, let alone see out of the side windows. So, I started backing it into the garage....thought I applied enough pressure on the break to roll the windows down and see and I hear the worst sound ever. Oh yes, I got the passenger side mirror stuck on the frame of the garage. I threw it into drive and pulled forward, and tried to pull the mirrors in with the fancy button in the truck. THEY WOULDN'T GO IN! I may have dropped the f-bomb over 50 times as I finally was able to get the truck back in the garage. I got inside, called E and started just uncontrollably sobbing. He just said he'd look at it when he got home, but he wasn't too upset. Um..what?! THANKFULLY, I was going a whole 2 miles per hour, so even though the frame around the mirror cracked, I just pushed it out of alignment enough so that the electronic whatever didn't recognize it. With some tinkering around, E fixed it! Yes, there's a crack, but it's so minimal that he's not worried about it. Basically I wasn't the worst wife ever, and I can't tell you how surprised I was by his reaction.
Peak
Somehow he still decided he loved me enough that we ate breakfast in bed together [at 6 am] on Thursday, and he dug my icy/snowy car out for me when I got the last minute "can you come in asap" call. Did I mention I love him?
Pit
My last pair of jeans [ I live in leggings, yoga pants, & sundresses in the summer] ripping right near the crotch this morning. And then realizing when going to buy new ones, that this "newlywed weight" can't be hidden anymore and I'm buying jeans two sizes bigger then the last ones. Though, the last time I bought jeans was in 2010 so... it's not as bad as it seems.
Peak
IT'S FRIDAY! Bring on movie night, margaritas, and lots of fun before another week of working.
What was your Peak/Pit of the week? Happy Weekend! :)
Peak
I worked 3 days this week. Since the new year, I've worked at least 2 days a week, if not more. As awesome as this is, and as great as the school/kids are, it does give me a little more stress about what to do in the job situation. Subbing isn't a "full time" solution, and right now, we could use the income.
Pit
Tuesday morning I woke up cursing the mother of pearl with a charlie horse [cramp for those unfamiliar with that term...] in my right calf. Holy hell it hurt. Come 2 hours later, it's still cramping up as I'm trying to get ready and do things around the house. I had so many errands to run and thought that by walking around it would help stretch it out...ohhhhh no. By Tuesday night I was in tears it was so tight and I could barely put any pressure on it. Then about 4:30 Wednesday morning, I woke up cursing the high heavens with it cramping AGAIN. So I took aleve like it was going out of style and tried to stretch it out the best I could, but I could barely walk without limping. Thankfully by Thursday night, while it was still tight, the limp was gone and it wasn't a constant pain. Thanks to all my twitter/blogger friends who suggested bananers, they definitely seemed to help at the time :)
Peak
All the amazing new music I've downloaded the past couple of weeks. Be prepared for a post next week of nothing but songs you should probably have on your ipod/walkmen/cd player ;)
Pit
Wisconsin weather. 57 one day. 3 the next. Throw in a snow advisory and an ice storm.... yup.
Peak
Wisconsin weather. Since E's job puts him primarily outside, when the weather gets to be about 10 degrees or lower, they call it quits. Thankfully, E doesn't get "laid off," as he can just hang out in the office and do paperwork. The peak of this? I got my best friend back on Wednesday instead of Friday. Holllla!
Pit
Wednesday was the snowstorm, and while I did a majority of my errands during the thunderstorms the day before, I forgot to stop at the post office and I had to have something dated the 30th. I knew my car was iced over, so E said to take his truck. GUYS. I never drive his truck. He has offered since he got it, but it is his baby. We don't even park near people at the store, he doesn't want anything to happen to it! So..given the weather and the fact that the post office is 3 blocks away, I sucked it up and figured, "What's the worst that can happen?" So, in the 10 minutes it took to drop the package off and get back home, holy crap did it start coming down like no other. Sideways, front ways, any ways. I could barely keep the wipers going, let alone see out of the side windows. So, I started backing it into the garage....thought I applied enough pressure on the break to roll the windows down and see and I hear the worst sound ever. Oh yes, I got the passenger side mirror stuck on the frame of the garage. I threw it into drive and pulled forward, and tried to pull the mirrors in with the fancy button in the truck. THEY WOULDN'T GO IN! I may have dropped the f-bomb over 50 times as I finally was able to get the truck back in the garage. I got inside, called E and started just uncontrollably sobbing. He just said he'd look at it when he got home, but he wasn't too upset. Um..what?! THANKFULLY, I was going a whole 2 miles per hour, so even though the frame around the mirror cracked, I just pushed it out of alignment enough so that the electronic whatever didn't recognize it. With some tinkering around, E fixed it! Yes, there's a crack, but it's so minimal that he's not worried about it. Basically I wasn't the worst wife ever, and I can't tell you how surprised I was by his reaction.
Peak
Somehow he still decided he loved me enough that we ate breakfast in bed together [at 6 am] on Thursday, and he dug my icy/snowy car out for me when I got the last minute "can you come in asap" call. Did I mention I love him?
Pit
My last pair of jeans [ I live in leggings, yoga pants, & sundresses in the summer] ripping right near the crotch this morning. And then realizing when going to buy new ones, that this "newlywed weight" can't be hidden anymore and I'm buying jeans two sizes bigger then the last ones. Though, the last time I bought jeans was in 2010 so... it's not as bad as it seems.
Peak
IT'S FRIDAY! Bring on movie night, margaritas, and lots of fun before another week of working.
What was your Peak/Pit of the week? Happy Weekend! :)
i am SO sick of this Wisconsin weather. I like the nice days but these negative 30 windchill days are killing me! i can't wait for spring! i will take mud over cold!
ReplyDelete