Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

SPD: Easy peasy lemon squeezy

First, how is it already Thursday? My week is all discombobulated for some reason. 
I've been working this week, not to mention I'm pretty sure I'm getting some kind of sinus thing. All that time around the kids is finally kicking me in the butt with an illness. 
Stuffy nose, check. Plugged ears, check. Sore throat, check.
Ew, ew, ew. 



Thursday means SPD link up with Katie and Steph. I honestly forgot about it, that's how crazy this week has been! So this is one that I did over the weekend, you may have seen the picture on instagram. 

I finally took down all my snowmen this weekend and decided it was time to spice it up for Valentine's Day. I got a few things from the dollar section at Target [of course!], and Dollar Tree was fun too. However, I needed something on my table and saw this pin. 

source

So simple, right?! And it was just enough on our teeny tiny table.

Supplies;
~ Candy Hearts. I used 2 bags small, 1 bag large. $3. 
~ Vase 
~ Candle, $4. 


Cat photobomb. We have all these huge margarita/wine/daquari vases that we used for our candy buffet at our wedding and they've just been sitting in a cupboard. Perfect excuse to use one. I still feel it needs..."more." I plan to find some kind of table runner/place mat to set it on.

So friends, easiest project in the world. Took a total of 5 minutes, if not less, and under $10. My kinda project!

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Looks so nice for the holiday, not to big or fancy shmancy. An idea to make it look not so plain: maybe add a votive holder or shot glass or two around the margarita glass and fill with candy hearts to add a little something but not too much! Just an idea for ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuteee chicky! I have this at home too :) it's perfect to change from season to season too! I'm thinking some kind of st pats decoration in it next. Thanks for linking up with us..love having you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorbs. I think a cute little runner underneath that would be perfect. I love that your vase is a huge margarita glass by the way. That's pretty spectacular. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that pinned the other day and wanted to do one!!! But with it a week away I decided to wait until next year...remind me to make one...ok?!

    Hope you get to feeling better love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - I already have a giant wine glass that I vould use for this project! I'm totally going to copy this! Thanks for sharing! New Follower :)

    Alisa
    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute and looks super easy! I'm thinking you could do this with other holidays?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I so should have done this! maybe next year...lol

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo