Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

That one time I became best friends with a dolphin

It has snowed the last 4 days, and all I'm wishing is that I was back in Mexico on my Honeymoon. Okay, only to some extent. My body ain't Mexico ready, but my mind is so, so ready to get out of this single digit, negative digit snowy weather up in heee-uh! 

What better way to reminisce then to share the time I got to cross something off my bucket list....
SWIM WITH DOLPHINS!!!

Oh yes, that happened.
When E and I were planning our Honeymoon, my only requirement was that I was able to swim with Dolphins. It had been something I've always wanted to do, and I figured there was no better way to do it then with my best friend. Cornball alert!
E and I went to Riveria Maya, Mexico for our Honeymoon. The Friday of our Honeymoon, we decided to head on off of the resort to an all day excursion on an Island off of Cancun. Literally, all day friends. We left the resort at 7 am, and didn't get back until 7:15 pm, giving us less then 45 minutes to get to our 8 pm dinner reservation. Phew! 


So, I have to say...when I went into this, I thought we'd be in an oversize Olympic pool with these dolphins. WRONG.  We were in the ocean. Yes, it was "enclosed" so the Dolphins couldn't swim away, but there were boats all around us, and the waves from the boats were not in my favor! Being so tiny at 5 feet, I barely could see above the platform we were standing on, and when those waves came..holy crapola! E had to hold onto my life jacket - as you will see - to make sure I didn't float away! 

Okay, okay, enough babbling! I know you want to see pictures!

So excited!! E was even excited once we got there!




As you can tell, I was over the moon with how out of the water I was!
What a studmuffin!

After the experience, time to tour the Island!

After we finished, we got to pick up our professional pictures, and then tour the Island. That's a post for another day ;) 

Linking up with the pretty Helene for her last "TMAIT!" Sad face! 
Helene in Between

5 comments:

  1. So cool!!
    I want to do that too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun! :) You guys were right up there with them. I've always wanted to have a Flipper moment, but I think I'd be secretly terrified the whole time. Can dolphins whiff fear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! I've done it once when I was younger...I loved it. It would be fun to go with kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek LOVE!! I'm so jealous. I WILL do it one of these days! E is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is number ONE on my bucket list! i'm so jealous! looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo