Image Map

Monday, February 25, 2013

Your non-Oscars recap.

I'm sure everyone and their sister's brother's godmother's dog will be recapping the Oscars today, so to break it up for you, I won't. There you go. A celebrity/fashion/everybody wants to be a critic, break. Not to say that I didn't watch them, cause I did. Sorta. I watched maybe the first hour. And then maybe the last hour. And kudos to the Academy for finally finding a good host. Moving on!

This weekend seemed to fly by, but it also wasn't too much fun for us in these neck of the woods. We had lots of "grown up" decisions to make which kinda put a damper on the weekend. More on that later this week when I can fully process it all without losing my marbles. 

This weekend I... started off with cooking dinner for my husband. We normally don't cook on Fridays, so it was a nice change of pace. I got the recipe from my love Karla and it was hubby approved! I may have also ruined a plate during that cooking of dinner. After dinner we decided to cuddle up on the couch and watch "Here comes the Boom" with Kevin James. Okay, first let me say, we love Kevin James in this house. King of Queens is constantly on our telly, and any movie with him, we watch, no matter how bad the reviews. Truth be told, the first half hour we both came to the conclusion we wasted our money, but then it kicked in and we ended up laughing hysterically the rest of the movie. 




This weekend I... headed into Madison with the husband to do some shopping. We had gift cards for the mall and decided to get them out of the way. We made a quick stop to see my Mom and dem kittens, and then met my Dad and Step-mom for a late lunch at Red Robin. After that was when we had to become "adults," so the rest of our night wasn't an ounce of fun. So much so, that out of anger [don't worry, not at each other], we just went to bed....at 8 pm. We're really cool. 

This weekend I... took charge and told E we weren't going to ruin our weekend with things out of our control. Yup, I wo-maned up. So I told E to put his big boy pants on, I put my big girl pants on, and off to Perkins for breakfast we went. Followed by a quick trip to Walmart, and then it was time for E to go. This week he had to leave me early, and I'm already warning him this one extra night will make me a stage 5 clinger when he returns. That being said, I did have time to accomplish things today. Like, a to-do list. An crossing one thing off it. Starting to re-read "The Help," for the 4th time. I also fully indulged in "Single Wife" night, and my last night of carbs. Yup! This week I'm starting the YF movement! 






The one Oscar recap I have this morning? Holy goodness girl, you look GOOD! 
 Though....am I the only one who now really sees the Tierra-ist resemblance?



To leave on a positive note;
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life, because that's going to happen. All that matters is how you get up."


[Blogger won't let me insert the button for some reason...so go check out Syndal's blog for the link-up!]

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that was B.Spears until reading the caption--holy brunette, Batman!

    Thanks for linking up, Cayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. She does look good.. and a lot like Tierra!
    That poor dish hahaha
    Girl I don't know how you do it with your husband always having to leave.
    I'm sure you are probably used to it by now, but gosh! I'd be a mess.
    Love that last sentence. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MAN I LOVE HOT & READYs.

    Also, NO NO NO. Brit Brit with brown hair always equals trouble. Every time she dyes her hair brown she goes cuckoo. I'm so scared.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo