In honor of Fat Tuesday, I figured what better way to honor it then to eat every thing in sight. Good thing it coincides with my monthly visit. At least I have an excuse today for shoving my face like I'm in an eating contest. But really. I'm not a huge pig... if I was, I would have actually gotten in my car and spent the day in 3 cities over just to cure those Qdoba and Noodles cravings. What? It's called lunch and dinner folks. I could make myself spend that 1 pm - 5 pm time frame in Target. I just could.
So, this Qdoba craving.
Well, there's this little thing called "budget" that the husband likes to keep pounding into my head........
Which means I don't get to go fulfill that Qdoba/Noodles/Panera when I do my Target shopping. Rude. So, enter the internet. Why not find a copy-cat recipe that I can make at home? When we did our grocery shopping this weekend, I did just that. Cilantro, check. Tortillas, check. Pico, check.
Here you go friends. Copy-Cat Qdoba Cilantro Lime Rice
It was so easy. I made the rice (boil in a bag, duh) just like I would any other night.
When it's done, dump it in a bowl.
Add 2 TB lime juice, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
Mix together.
Done.
And it was amazing. Yum Yum Yum YUM!
I tried to make it just like there. Warmed up the tortilla, added the rice, added some pico, added some Chicken (which I just tossed together with some taco seasoning, salt, and pepper in the skillet). Only thing missing, my wonderful Queso. Whomp Whomp. But other then that, it was 98% the same.
One last quick recipe for you [Fat Tuesday BONUS!!]
30 minute Chili
1# ground chuck
3/4 c. chopped yellow onion
1 pkg McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix
1 can Bush's Best Chili Beans
1 can Hunts diced tomatoes
1 can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 can Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 cup water
1. Cook beef & onions in large saucepan until beef is crumbled & no longer pink.
2. Stir in seasoning and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil
3. Reduce heat to medium, simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
E purposely bumped me as I snapped this. Kewl.
Enjoy getting "fat" today, friends! xoxox





Yum yum yum!!!! Now I really want that burrito :(
ReplyDeleteI've tried the copy cat Chipotle recipes...def did not take care of my never-ending craving for that place. Maybe I shall try the Qudoba one...
ReplyDeleteShannon
bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com
Thanks for this!! I'll have to try it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Fat Freakin Tuesdaaay! =)
Thanks for the rice recipe!
ReplyDelete