Image Map

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time!

As crazy packed as the last 4 days were, and as much traveling across the entire state that we did, it's still not over! It's hard to believe we still have Christmas-es next weekend too - phew! Plus, let's not mention the slew of gifts in the middle of our living room, and the fact that our laundry pile is half-way the height of the door. Oy vey. At least the highlight of today will be hitting up Target for all the after Christmas sales - booyah!

I think you all know what is coming, the Christmas recap. Believe it or not, I didn't get a chance to take many pictures. We were so involved with family, and visiting, and playing games that it was more an after-thought. Bad blogger. Bad, bad blogger.

Saturday the alarms went off at 6 am. I had stayed up until about midnight Friday finishing our packing & putting together all the goodie trays needed for our trip. So when 6 am came, it was way too soon. However, I had decided I was gonna go chop my hair, and chop it I did!
9 inches friends!! I can't believe I even did it, but it sure feels good to only spend about 15 minutes on my hair instead of close to 45. As soon as I got home from the salon, I had about 20 minutes to change and we had to get on the road. 

We spent the rest of Saturday at my Grandma's in Iowa. It's always the same, go out to lunch at the little cafe in town, come back and open gifts, visit until the huge dinner she makes, and listen to her and my dad tell stories until bed. I love every second of it and it's so worth the 3 hour drive. We got up Sunday morning, had a huge breakfast [as usual], and E and I were back on the road for another 2 and a half hours to get to his parents. 

Once we got there, we did get to spend some time with his parents before everyone came over for the family Christmas. Turkey, Pork, Roast Beef, stuffing, home made pizza, weenies, meatballs, fruit trays, potatoes, man we had a feast!  E's aunt made all us ladies scarfs and they are SO neat! We do a white elephant in that family. I ended up with a snuggie [holllla!], and E ended up with more tools. His little niece is just a handful and is finally to the point where she likes me and E again. She normally freaks when she sees us, cause she hasn't seen us in forever, so it was nice to get to play with her and all. 

Side note! E's aunt brought us WEDDING PICTURES! Guys, you don't even understand. Besides our professional pictures, we have no other pictures. Everyone we've asked said they didn't turn out or they only took, "one or two." So when his aunt came with an envelope FULL of over 100 pictures for me, my Christmas was made. I'll share some of my faves with you later this week!




Monday morning we did Christmas with E's immediate family and both of us ended up with Wisconsin stuff. Our families know us all too well! Then it was off on the road to Christmas with my Step-Mom's family where we had another big meal. I swear, I gained 80 pounds this weekend. We did Christmas with the cousins, added more Wisconsin stuff, and Packer stuff, to our closets, and then once everyone else headed home we did Christmas with my Dad and Step-Mom. 





Christmas Eve night we always spend back at my Mom's house. Normally we do the pickle ornament tradition, but we just forgot in all honesty. We ended up just watching "The Christmas Story" [FAVE!] and called it a night. It was so nice seeing my chunk again, I had missed him, but he was obviously more interested in "dem kittens," as we call them. Especially since "dem kittens" were all about the tree.





 Christmas morning we opened presents, Mom made a huge breakfast, and we spent the rest of the day playing "Mexican Dominios," and "The Logo Game." After another huge dinner, hubby & I were ready to go back home. Once we got home, unloaded everything, played with Chunk, and snacked a bit more, we decided it was time to curl up in bed & watched Christmas Vacation to end our holiday. It was the perfect tradition to start, together.





Sooo upset this was blurry! It was the cutest pic & totally showed off the new hair!


I hope everyone had a magical Christmas & is having an easy time back on the daily grind today. The pile of laundry still hasn't dissipated, so maybe I should actually get up and do it... toodles!



3 comments:

  1. Girl... My laundry pile is as tall as the cieling.. I feel ya!
    Loving the new hairdo!
    Sounds like you all had a nice time.. I love the logo game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Christmas!
    And your new haircut is soo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cats in the tree cracked me up!! Love the new do!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo