This Weekend I.... got to start on Friday - yipee! Hubby is taking a class for work the next 3 Fridays, so that meant he was home by 4:30. The last time that happened? When he was unemployed. Most nights he doesn't get home until 7, so to actually get to do something was amazing. We decided to partake in the wonderful Wisconsin tradition of a Fish Fry, woohoo. Except I don't eat fish... but hubby was happy, that's all that matters ;) The first place we went to, over an hour and a half wait. So hubby hopped on some random country road and before you know it, we found a little bar in the middle of nowhere and it was amazeballs. We got a few drinks and before we knew it, it was 9 o'clock. We spent the whole night finally talking [feels like it's been forever to even get to catch up], and once we got home we crawled in bed and ended up laughing and talking until midnight. I can't even express how happy my heart was. It's been forever since we had a carefree night like that. It just reminded me all over again of when we fell in love. All together now, awwwww.
This Weekend I.... finally revealed our surprised day-date I mentioned alllll week! Yipee! I surprised Hubby and we went up to Cedarburg, a little town up north, that turns into a Christmas Village. All the shop windows have displays, and there was a holiday fair called, "Christmas in the Country," which was basically a bunch of different vendors in the winery & community center who were showing off their antiques, Christmas gifts, and Christmas decorations.It was straight out of a Hallmark movie! I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, and we probably could've stayed later, but E woke up with a nasty, nasty cough. By the time we got up there and went through some of the shops, and the fair, he was just drained. E never gets sick, so I knew it was a big deal.
![]() |
| lunch @ sals (pizza as big as your head!), santa's workshop, invisible tree |
This Weekend I... played nurse once we got home about 4. E fell right asleep while I went out to grab meds to fight it off as much as we could. The only reason he woke up was to watch the Badger's kill Nebraska in the Big Ten Championship Game. 3peat to the Rose Bowl say whaaaaa?! I may or may not have been a huge loser & cried for a 2nd year in a row. Anyways....
This Weekend I... cleaned the house to try and get rid of these germs while hubby slept the day away on Sunday. I made some pinterest/blogger inspired food for dinner, & am pretty sure I'm getting what hubby had.Tight chest - check. Disgusting amounts of Flem - check. Cough - check. Ew.
![]() |
| Cocoa always taste better in Disney mugs, Spaghetti Loaf (hubby's term) & Chocolate Chip filled Raspberries! |
This Weekend I.... nearly had a heart attack during the night. Remember this wonderful SPD project I did?
Well, about 2:30 in the morning we awoke to a huge crash in the kitchen. Casanova immediately came running in our room, and our first thought was he knocked down the Christmas tree. Nope, the ribbon broke & there were ornaments everywhere! I'm not sure I'll bother putting it back together, but may use the base for another wreath. Poor chunk was so scared he was shakin' in my arms for a good 45 minutes before he calmed down enough to sleep.
![]() |
| R.I.P. ornament wreath. |
Overall, it was an amazing weekend and I am selfishly excited to have the husband home - sick- today. It's an extra day to spend together, whether we're hacking our lungs out in bed or not. Be well everyone. xo







Awww sorry about your wreath and being sick! I too love using the word amazeballs. And I love all the pics!!
ReplyDelete