I know most people will probably do one of these closer towards New Years Eve, but for me, this is as close as it gets. Hubby & I plans Friday - New Years Day, so I plan on taking another blogger mini-vacay, woohoo!
I wasn't sure how to divide this up since the biggest thing to happen this year would be our wedding, but I feel weird "ranking" what I did. So we're gonna break it down in months, yo!
January
The year kicked off with the Badgers playing, and losing, in the Rose Bowl. We then celebrated E's niece's first birthday, as well as my brother's 25th birthday.
February
I left my job at the daycare as we planned our move out to the other side of the state. We celebrated Vday in Milwaukee where husband was working, and Mom & I attended the Brad Paisley concert. One of the best I've ever been too!
March
I held a Lia Sophia party with some of my closest girlfriends, and we did alot of wedding planning. So much so, that every weekend was filled with wedding stuff.
April
April was another busy wedding month as we crossed off most of our list! One of my best friend's had her baby shower, and we also finally found a place between Milwaukee & Madison and started to pack our things for our first home together!
May
What a month this was for us! I had my first bridal shower with E's side of the family, and we ended up growing closer then ever with E's accident. A week after, we moved into our new place which we couldn't have done without both of our families. We also threw my Godmother a surprise birthday party, and boy was she surprised!
June
Summer was kicked off with my two cousin's high school graduation. They grow up so fast!I started a summer nanny position and stayed the summer with my Mom. Last minute wedding details were finalized, and I had my second bridal shower with my side of the family.
July
This month was kicked off with my Godfather's retirement party, and every last detail needed for the wedding was squeezed into every open weekend. My bachelorette party ended the month on an amazing note & only made me so much more excited for the wedding!
August
It was FINALLY here!! Our wedding day! On 8.11.12, I became a "Mrs," and on 8.13.12, we took off for our honeymoon in Rivera Maya, Mexico. I realize I never did a "recap" of either of these for the blog, and definitely plan to after the first of the year. Getting to marry my best friend was the ultimate birthday gift a girl could ask for, and we spent my birthday just having a simple dinner. It was perfect.
September
The start of Badger Football season, woohoo! We also lost E's grandmother early in the month and got to spend some extra blessed time with his side of the family. E turned 26 and we celebrated, where else, a Badger game. My allergies got much worse this month and affected my breathing and I was put on even more meds. Yippee. We had our fall get together at a breath-taking cabin up north, it was amazing!
October
This month was pretty low-key for us as we attended Badger games & were able to spend our first weekends as newlyweds together doing nothing! It was so nice to just be together. At the end of the month, my mom adopted two little kittens who have been such a joy to our family.
November
We kicked off this month with hubby's company yearly work party and it was so much fun. We got to dress up and go "gambling" at the fake casino. It was the perfect little get-away for the weekend. It was also the first weekend I've left chunk alone overnight since I got him 3 years ago! Yes, I have cat lady problems. Thanksgiving was spent with my Mom, and then E and I went our separate ways. I stayed the weekend at my Mom's and attended family things, while E went to play in his alumni basketball tournament.
December
This month started with a weekend in Cedarburg taking in the Christmas Village to get in the Christmas spirit. E also got sick this weekend, which then got me sick and we spent almost 2 weeks in bed being sickies!! For two people who never get sick, it was NOT fun! Let's see.. the Badgers won the B1G championship, again, we sent out tons of Christmas cards, got a "first Christmas" ornament made, were featured in a local magazine for our wedding, I attended the Rockette's Christmas show, and we celebrated our first newlywed Christmas with our families. It's sure been a wonderful, blessed year!
I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!













































Glad you had such a wonderful year! :)
ReplyDelete