Image Map

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I got chills, they're multiplying

If you know me, you know I'm one of those insanely obnoxious girls who can find a song for every feeling. I'm also one of those obnoxious girls who can start singing a song just by hearing a word. Pinkie swear, I only sing it in my head.
But I'm also not one for the dramatic flare where I update my status every second with every song. Annoying.
So, with that being said, I think the conclusion you can draw from that is music is a huge influence in my life. It has been since I've been a munchkin. And there's just certain lyrics from certain songs that give.me.chills.
Doesn't matter where I am, as soon as I hear those lyrics not only do the goose pimples appear, my eyes fill with tears, that lump starts in my throat, and it takes all I have not to become a mess of a sally.


Everything good in your life begins & ends with her man,
lose your pride while you can
come on man, be a man.
"Cryin' on a suitcase" - Casey James

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
"When I get where I'm going" - Brad Paisley

But you went away
How dare you?
"Over You" - Miranda Lambert

Hold me darling just a little while
I held her close
I kissed her our last kiss
I found the love I knew I had missed
"Last Kiss" - Pearl Jam 

When I don't know what to say
Don't know what to do
Don't know if it really even matters to you
"It matters to me" - Faith Hill

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care  
"Unanswered Prayers" - Garth Brooks 

I thank God for my life, and for the stars & stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring
Salute the ones who died, the ones that gave their lives
So we don't have to sacrifice, all the things we love.
"Chicken Fried" - Zac Brown Band



I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.
"God Bless the USA" - Lee Greenwood
^let's be honest. This whole song is moving. That's just the phrase that starts the lump in the throat. 





And the one that makes me lose it as soon as I hear the opening notes, "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey & BoyzIIMen. I won't even bother putting the lyrics in here, for your sake ;)

What about you guys? Is there one song that just gets your tear ducts into overdrive?
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Over You and Last Kiss make me cry every time I hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza! I'm loving the new blog design!! I just now noticed it (it doesnt show on my phone) but I'm loving it. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I always love a good music quote...I have like a whole journal filled and that Pearl Jam one will probably be added this weekend :)

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Yes. This is me, with the amazing song lyrics and all :)
    Love your blog!! New follower!

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo