Image Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

This Weekend I... 4th of July edition

New week means back at the blogging game. And what a perfect time to be back but after an amazing weekend? First let me say, this is the most time Mr and I have spent together since our honeymoon. Yes. Almost a year ago. Crazy, right??? But we sure enjoyed every single second being together and there were multiple times we both said, "It feels like we're on our honeymoon." "I don't want this weekend to end."

WEDNESDAY;

Our weekend started off on Wednesday night to see LUKE BRYAN! Oh snap.I'll have a full review later this week, but let's just say that there's a reason this man won Entertainer of the Year.



THURSDAY;

We actually slept in. Which never happens in our household. It could have had something to do with the fact that we were up til 1 am the night before. Whatevs. Either way, we woke up with zero plans. Within an hour,  our whole day was! First, we headed about 30 minutes south to a town "festival." Um... well, we can cross that off our bucket list! But, we did get some sun while watching their city's softball tournament. 


Then we headed over to my Godparent's for the rest of the day. We grilled out, played some croquet, and watched the neighbor's put on quite the fireworks show. Yes. Neighbors. Some fancy schmancy kind that you wouldn't expect to come from the house behind you. They were awesome.





FRIDAY;

Another lazy day, this time spent at my Mom's neighborhood pool. Heck  yeah! We both got quite the amazing tans if I do say so myself! When we were done, we stopped at a bar on the lake to grab a quick bite to eat. Then, we came back home, caught some winks, and grilled out some brats. 


SATURDAY;

We were going to head back down to Summerfest, but decided at the last minute it wasn't worth the pretty penny to go. Instead, we went to eat, on the lake (notice a pattern here?), and then went back home to play some frisbee. Oh yes. You heard right. A hardcore game of Ultimate Frisbee. Where I completely sweat through my workout clothes. Gross. But I can't even tell you how refreshed I felt afterwards. We then started "power cleaning" for our visitors the next day, which meant leftovers at 9 pm. Oops! 

SUNDAY;

Mr's parents came by in the morning to join us for brunch and a visit. Afterwards, the weekend caught up with us and we ended up taking a mid-afternoon nap. Dinner was more grilling out. I swear, Mr could grill every day and be satisfied. Oh yeah. And Chunk decided he needed ice cream. That might be why he has his name. 




5 comments:

  1. eek Luke! yes, can't wait for the recap.

    Sounds like a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is wonderrrrful! So fun to watch & he's soooo good! Can't wait to see your review!
    You had a pretty perfect weekend!
    Oh & that picture of you and Mr? LOVE!
    You look amazing and love that dress on you.
    I may even be a wee bit jealous of that fabulous tan, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy and exciting weekend!!

    love the cubs shirt :)

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eion looks smokin hawt in his muscle shirt. Thought Id let you know in case you forgot. Hahaha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun weekend! i love your striped maxi!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo