Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Answered Prayers

Oh snap. Guess who has some good news. And no, for the love of all that is mighty, I have not drank the blogger water and am not preggo.  I like the below way too much.


I got a JOB! A big girl job. That pays money. And has benefits. And I am just over the moon. And overwhelmed. And most of all, excited.

I will be teaching Kindergarten this upcoming school year. As in, less then a month left til I start work school year. Yikes! However, that also means lots and lots of shopping. For my own classroom, for teacher clothes, all that fun stuff. Yipee!!

I can't even tell you how this all happened, it's been a blur. I received a phone call Thursday afternoon basically saying if I wanted the job, it was mine. Um, YES. But still, I took the 24 hours needed and talked it over with Mr, who's answer was also yes, and come Friday was ready to burst with the news. Even though I said yes, I didn't want to "jinx" anything until the contract was signed, so my lips have been zipped shut. For the most part. Besides my immediate family, I couldn't resist telling these two, because in all honesty, they have been there for me more then they will ever know.

Friday night, Mr and I went out to dinner to celebrate and it was like a million bricks were lifted off our shoulders. I can honestly say, this weekend was one of the most relaxed we've ever had, and I only hope that carries on for the future. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, financially having only one income in the household has been rough. And knowing that this will change things, wow. We both keep catching ourselves saying what an answered prayer it's been, and how did this possibly just fall into our laps like this. For the longest time we felt like we couldn't catch a break, and here it finally is. Our hearts are so full.

Tuesday afternoon I officially crossed my "t's," and dotted my "i's" and got the keys to my classroom. That was then followed by a trip to Target where I may have splurged just a bit in the dollar section with all sorts of things for my classroom. That's right, my classroom. AHHHH!!!!

I have to give the biggest "THANK YOU," to all of you, because as crazy as it sounds, your emails, your comments, and your support the last crazy year has been amazing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this little blogging world.


10 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!! Girl! I am so soooo excited for you!! I've been thinking about you and hoping this was your news! You are going to be amazinggg, I think that age would be so fun to teach! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS GIRL! I can't wait to see photos of your classroom. I'm sure you will have the cutest classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boom, can't wait to see how you turned out as a teacher!

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girlfriend! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting, congrats!! And what an incredibly important job it is! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so happy for you!! When good things happen, it makes sense why all the other things weve wanted didnt. I hope you enjoy it every single day--even the rough days!! Now enjoy the rest of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy for you right now, seriously I'm about to tear up!
    Answered prayers are awesome!
    And Oh my gosh! Your own classroom to decorate and make, well, your own! Ahh!!
    And Kindergarten sounds funnn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! Congrats girlie!! Can't wait to see how awesome YOUR classroom looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see pictures of your classroom!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo