Image Map

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - The Rehearsal

This time last year I was getting RSVP's back for our wedding. I honestly can't believe it's been a year. And in a short month, we'll be getting our celebration on. I haven't talked much about our wedding on here, for a few personal reasons. But as I reflect on the last year, I also want to reflect on that magical day. The love between Mr and I, in the room, the whole weekend was one I never want to forget. So lucky for you folks, you get Wedding Wednesdays. Starting with the rehearsal dinner! 

The evening before our wedding, we had a rehearsal at the Sheraton Hotel where our wedding was being held. However, the room we were getting married in was being used for another wedding that night, so we instead had to squeeze into a conference room. This was probably the night I was the most stressed of the whole process, just knowing the size difference and wanting to actually see the room we were having our ceremony in. We had only seen the room once, a year previous, and I honestly didn't remember what it looked like. Thankfully, between my awesome assistant Kristi, and her sister Lindsey, who was officiating our ceremony, it ran smoother then I ever could have imagined. 


We totally color-coordinated to our wedding colors. We're that couple. 



Last kiss! Kidding... there were plenty more that night. 


After the rehearsal, we headed a few miles down the road to a restaurant that my Dad's friend owns. There, we spiced it up and had a "Spaghetti Board Dinner." This is something most people remember the most from that night. They put out a bunch of clean boards, and pour the spaghetti literally on the board. There's also unlimited breadsticks, salad, and wine. This is one of my favorite meals, but I can honestly say I didn't eat much due to wanting to fit in my dress the next day. Mr always reminds me how good it was, to which I reply, "I wouldn't know." 


The bridal party mostly ended up back at the hotel bar for the night, while I was quick to call it a night at 9 pm. As much as I felt like a party pooper and wanted, I was already anxious about not being able to fall asleep, so I chose to go home and get my beauty sleep. However, the best moment of the night? Oh I so wish I had pictures of this... 

As I was leaving, I gave Mr one last kiss. When I started walking out the door, he chased after me, picked me up, spun me around, and laid one of the most romantic kisses on me I've ever experienced telling me "I can't wait to marry you tomorrow." I went to bed that night with my heart so full and serious butterflies for the next day. This was it! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my god that last paragraph. So freaking adorable! And omg that dinner!! How cool?!!! We totally color coordinated for our rehearsal too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soooooo romantic! Where was somebody with a camera when you need them?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, that's adorable! Our rehearsal was short and sweet because it was HOT that day. We just had our first anniversary last weekend and it brought back so many memories! I love hearing about your wedding and "wedding wednesday" is definitely something I support :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo