Image Map

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Step 1: We can have lots of fun

Well, only a few days late, but I'm here to recap one of the most amazing concerts of my life.



Oh yes. True story friends. My closest high school friends and I went to see "The Package." And after seeing it, I completely understand the innuendo involved in the tour title.

I've said before on this bloggity that "Motown Philly" is my jam. I mean that in, it's my "need to get pumped up song," my "learned-all-the-choreography" song, my "learned-the-Stephanie-Tanner-choreography" song. My jam. BoyzIIMen was also one of the first CD's I remember buying with my own money. Holllla.

And 98 degrees? Well. I may or may not have been posters floor to ceiling on the wall obsessed with them. Every CD. Every show they were on, I recorded that sucker on my VHS. Maybe even obsessively dialed into TRL to vote for "I Do (Cherish You)" video non-stop. Did I mention I was convinced I was going to marry Jeff Timmons? Did I also mention I may have met them when I was 14. Holeeee Shiz. Those men were attainable. I mean, only a few years older then me....

ANYWAYS. I can say, I knew a whole 3 NKOTB songs. I'm a bit too young for those days, but I do remember Joey & Jordan's solo careers and may have scratched up my "Give it to you" CD from playing it so much.

When this tour was announced, a group text was sent out with a massive yes reply. We ordered tickets at 10:59 on the dot and have had countdowns for months. Saturday was finally the big day.

It started with a 10 am trip up to the Twin Cities. I went with one of my besties, which never fails to include ridiculous stories of our college years and laughs the whole 4 hours. Once we got to the hotel, we decided to get ready and take the bus where we needed to go. All sounded fine and dandy, right?

Wrong. First off, the hotel gave us the wrong bus stop. No bus showed up. So we decide, fine, we'll cab it. Well, the cab told us 20 minutes. 45 minutes later... no cab. So, we go back to what we think will be the right bus stop. All the sudden, this town car pulls up next to us asking if we are the girls who called for a cab. At this point we were annoyed. Why? Well, we had to wait long enough for the next bus to come around, past their quote time, and we specifically asked for a van, and they brought the smallest taxi possible. So, we said no.  Next thing we know, this guy won't leave us alone.
"I know you girls called. Why you lying?"
"I call the police on you."
"You have to pay me, bitches."

Yeah. Cause we're gonna get in a car with someone who just called us bitches? Right. So, my bestie  starts telling him we're gonna call the police for him harassing us. His last words? "F... Y... Bitches."  Decision made. Well, during that dramarama we ended up missing the bus. UGH.

At this point, we're hungry, and annoyed and just want to get our drink dance on. So in the end, I decided to drive us all down there. We parked basically with enough time to get into the stadium and for the show to start. Phew!

BoyzIIMen started the show, and maybe only sang 5 songs. I was kinda bummed, but they were awesome. Totally make me want to see them again soon, and totally made me break out the old CD which has been on repeat!






98 Degrees was just as awesome as I remembered, along with all those dance moves. Oh yeah, we may have been showing our awesome moves off too. Their set could have gone on longer in my opinion.





NKOTB? Well. They said at the beginning "2 hours of fun." Ummmm. Wow.  Though I have to say, I was on my feet more then I expected. They did awesome with getting the crowd involved, as well as doing some dance music and covers of pop hits today. It was a blast in a glass.




If you get a chance ladies, go see this show. If anything, it will make you re-live your childhood. From the music played between sets, to the loads of neon and 90's clothes, you'll die. In a good way!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh!!! The photos are amazeballs. Love the little gif! All that cab driver dramarama was worth going through to see this concert! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you went through all that drama before hand! Just that you had missed your taxi! Holy psycho taxi driver. Well at least you made it there on time! Best concert ever! 98 degrees was my favorite! I just wish they were on longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing. So glad all the drama of getting there turned out to be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see The Package tour but I've seen a couple NKOTB shows in the last few years and it's SO great to re-live your youth that way! So fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo