Of all the days of Summerfest, we got stuck with the coolest night. The fog was insane. You could see the strobe lights and stage lights streaming through it. Thankfully the rain held off until after the concert.
We headed in about 6:30. Mr and I are on this "koozie" kick this summer. Any event we attend we get a koozie as a souvenir. The line was insane. We decided we'd go without, or wait until the end. Don't worry, we did end up getting one ;)
As we walked up to the amphitheater, I stopped to take a picture of the Cabela's semi with Luke's picture on it for my sister-in-law. Well, guess who choose to walk out of his tour bus. Oh yeah, mister Luke himself. And of course, the girls went nuts, and so he showed his abs and things went even more nuts. That should have been my first clue.
If I could sum it up, I'd repeat what I said yesterday, "There's a reason he won Entertainer of the Year."
However. I was not prepared for what we walked into.
I've been to Backstreet Boys, Nsync, 98 degrees, most of those boy bands. And this was one of the most deafening concerts I've attended. The amount of drunk girls, was insane. The amount of 13 year old drunk girls screaming at the top of their lungs? Definitely not what I was expecting.
Luke in himself, was awesome. His energy, his vocals, all of it. I knew all but 3 songs, and during that time I was able to make a bathroom run, and still get back and not feel like I missed anything.
Every single song he sang, was sang right back. He even dug back deep to his first few songs, which honestly surprised me. Most "big names" tend to stay with their newest album I've learned. So I was very pleasantly surprised since that's when I fell in love with that man.
Every single song he sang, was sang right back. He even dug back deep to his first few songs, which honestly surprised me. Most "big names" tend to stay with their newest album I've learned. So I was very pleasantly surprised since that's when I fell in love with that man.
Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line were the opening acts. FLGA went first, and honestly, they should have opened right before Luke. The energy they had, was amazing. I only knew a handful of songs, but first thing the next morning we downloaded the rest of their CD.
Thompson Square sounded great, even after Keifer's vocal issues, but the energy just wasn't there. They would have been better off going first, in my opinion.
Alright, alright. On with the pictures you're so anxiously awaiting!









My jealousy level has reached it's max.
ReplyDeleteLOVE all these pictures.
I want to go see FGL now. =D
Isn't he amazing!! I saw them all in February and I want to go again. You were super close!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh my gosh. I'm dying to see FGL. They're going to be in Cincy w/ Luke in September I think!!
ReplyDeleteI am beyond jealous!!! it looks like you had a blasty blast!
ReplyDeleteHappy the rain held out for ya :)
He's amazing right?!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't the HUGEST Luke Bryan fan, I mean I really did like him & his music, he's hot, he can sing etc etc, but wasn't really all ga-ga over him like most women are....Until I saw him live in April.
& He got me with the singing & looks (of course), but his dancing sealed. the. deal. I love him now!
You had some good seats & got some great pictures!
Glad the rain held off & you got your koozie! ;-)
That first picture of him though...mmm, mmm, mmm,.. That ass.
I'd love to see FLAGA Line.