I'm in quite the peppy mood for a Monday. Reason being, it's OFFICIALLY my summer vacation! All the school's I sub at end on Wednesday, meaning unless there is some dire emergency, I am all about summer. Truth be told? I only get one "free" week. I start my nanny job next Monday so I plan to enjoy every second of this week of "freedom" as possible...cross your fingers the weather plays along!
Time for my favorite Monday link-up!
This Weekend I... started early on Friday with a shopping day with my Godmama. I had quite the Target list, not to mention a stop at Dollar Tree where you can easily go crazy and was a happy little camper. Ps..when did make-up get SO expensive? Good thing I won't be wearing it all summer, whoa nelly. Oh, and Dollar Tree finds made for a great new centerpiece!
This Weekend I... asked Mr. what he wanted for dinner Friday night, letting him know we won't have a table so it should be something not messy or we should go out. His response? "Sloppy Joes and potato salad." Needless to say, I left the table to spoil my husband and we ended up taking it apart at 6 in the morning. No big deal....
This Weekend we...headed to Iowa to get some furniture from my Grandma. She'll be moving in with my Aunt later this summer and has been trying to get moving with the whole packing thing. We ended up with her kitchen table, and her cedar chest, as long as a few boxes of dishes and knick knacks. I can't even tell you how THRILLED I was to receive them! The table means so much to me, as we've ate there so many times I can't even count. And the cedar chest holds special memories of summer's with my Gram. Every time we spent the summer down there, I use to make Gram open it and show me all her keepsakes and her wedding dress. Knowing she wanted me to have it gave me a very happy heart.
This Weekend we... spent Sunday still moving things around to my dad's. He had some furniture for us and it was a good excuse for us to do some shopping in the city. A trip to Target to return some stuff and get a new razor turned into us walking out with goldfish and a broom. No razor. We laughed at that one for way too long. Some Qdoba in our bellies and groceries in the truck it was time to head home for an early bed!
![]() |
| We had 5 things on our grocery list..... |
![]() |
| Fresh flowers in a keepsake from Gram |





I love that chest. So glad you have it!
ReplyDeleteGreat Dollar Store centerpiece too.
Wow! That chest is gorgeous!!
ReplyDelete& I love what you did with the flowers.
It's like something you would see in a "Country Living" mag!
Those flowers are lovely! I really could do with a new bunch of flowers for my living room - mine are a bit thirsty and are keeling over lol.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh- that chest is GORGEOUS. I love old stuff like that- we're going to Pete's grandma's auction this month so we can score some of her old furniture too!
ReplyDeleteI was at the dollar store the other day and was amazed with some of the stuff they had! I mean descent picture frames for a $1?! Sign me up. haha. The furniture will be so nice!
ReplyDeleteHow special to have some things of your grandma. That chest is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI love that chest!
ReplyDeleteI agree about makeup, it's crazy. I have to slowly buy it. lol
Enjoy your week of freedom, love!
LOVE treasures from Grandma's!!! My Great Grandma passed last summer and I LOVE having things in my house that she had and that I remember. I have things from my Grandma and Great Great Grandma too and they are all dear to me!
ReplyDelete