Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Come on and dance

Sometimes there's those songs that you just can't help but participate in. 
Especially at 2 am bar time. 
Sporting Event.
Wedding
They really are quite an amazing deal. 

Example # 1: 
I think we all know this song. It's pretty much a given at any sporting event. 
It's one of the first songs I knew as a "Badger Football" song. 


"Sweet Carolineeeeeeeee
BUM BUM BUM
Good times never seemed so good
SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD
I've been inclined
BUM BUM BUM

Oh yes friends. Now you know the songs I'm talking about. The songs where you participate along with hundreds of other people when you sing along to the song. The best part in my opinion. 

Song #2

I've always been a big fan of Mister Jimmy Buffet. This is such a classic. 


"Wastin' away again in Margaritaville.
Searching for my lost shaker of salt;
Salt! Where's the G..D... salt!"


Song #3. 

My all-time favorite. My dad played this non-stop growing up. 
We played it at our wedding - one of my fave moments of that night.
It's been a karaoke staple. 
And we request it anywhere we go. 



"Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prision,
and I went to pick her up in the rain. 
But before I could get to the station in my pick-up truck,
She got runned over by a damned old traaaaaaaaain." 
[Ok, fine. No reaction there, just my favorite verse.

"And I'll hang around as long as you will let
LET ME LET ME LET ME 
And I never minded standing in the raaiiiiiin
And you don't have to call me darlin', darlin'.
You never even called me by my name." 


Song #4

Being a little rated "R" here my friends. 
This next one is easily just a "Badger Football song,"... no? Does your school play it too?
It's actually on the "don't play" list. So when it plays at the Camp, all hell breaks loose. 


There's very few words here believe it or not. But when Steve Miller starts singing all the "Ohhhhs," about a minute in? My classy college does the following....

"Ohhhhhhhhhh sucks." 
"F... Y..., Eat Shiz." 

Yup. Now you know why this song doesn't get played. Because the last few times it's been played it has been clearly heard on ESPN...ABC... you know, those small channels. 
And the significance? 
Section "O" at the Camp is where the freshman sit. 
You know. Just a little hazing. 
That "ESFU" as they call it.... that also starts when the student section gets bored.
No joke. The Athletic Dept even bribed the students with free trips to the bowl games if they stopped that chant. 

So tell me. What song do you love to "participate" in. Am I missing any good ones? 






Venus Trapped in Mars



4 comments:

  1. Great songs...stopping by from the link up today!! I love some Margaritaville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused.. Where is ROCKY TOP??! That is not on the list?? :)


    LOVE me some sweet caroline and David Allen coe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost automatically feel like I have a buzz when sweet caroline comes on because most of the time it is 2 am at the bar.
    Great post! Stopping by from the blog hop

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo