Yesterday was just "one of those days." Got a flat tire within a few minutes of my house, tried to go for a walk and got poured on, add in other "little" things and that time of the month and everything that went wrong was a sob-fest. What? You don't have those days.
As I was sitting down to read, a thought came over me. These problems, are nothing. Yes, the checkbook will take a bigger hit then anticipated. So what if I got rained on. So what if my whole day went to crap. It could be worse.
I know, that sounds so dum-dum-duuuuum, but it could. Yes, I fully believe we all need our days where we can gripe about those little things, but they don't have to ruin your whole day. At one point, I started laughing. I was being flat out silly. We have an extra car, I could have used it. My husband put up with me sobbing to him on the phone over a flat tire. It could have annoyed him, or ruined his day, but instead he pushed back his meeting and spent the morning calling around to fix it. I didn't need to run all those errands today.
Moral of the story; I couldn't let it ruin my little "vacation" this week. So on went the big girl panties.
As I was sitting down to read, a thought came over me. These problems, are nothing. Yes, the checkbook will take a bigger hit then anticipated. So what if I got rained on. So what if my whole day went to crap. It could be worse.
I know, that sounds so dum-dum-duuuuum, but it could. Yes, I fully believe we all need our days where we can gripe about those little things, but they don't have to ruin your whole day. At one point, I started laughing. I was being flat out silly. We have an extra car, I could have used it. My husband put up with me sobbing to him on the phone over a flat tire. It could have annoyed him, or ruined his day, but instead he pushed back his meeting and spent the morning calling around to fix it. I didn't need to run all those errands today.
Moral of the story; I couldn't let it ruin my little "vacation" this week. So on went the big girl panties.
My "vacation" this week that means I get to scour Pinterest all hours of the day. You can bet I already have our new house decorated. What new house you ask? Oh, the invisible one as we're still in the "pre-approved" stage. Yup. Thanks Pinterest.
Since we're stuck in this dump apartment for at least 6 more months, I decided now was the time to put some of those "dream home" ideas to use. Up first? A gallery wall. Yes, at this point I realize everyone and their mother has one in their home, but I have so many pictures in frames that we have no mas room for, I just decide to join the club.
![]() |
| source |
The thing with mine, is I wanted no rhyme or reason with it. Yes, I wanted them straight, but I didn't care if they were all in one line or a certain pattern. I wanted it to be... abstract for a lack of better word.
First, I made a mock up of how I wanted the wall to look. Ignore the sloppy handwriting.
Then, I just went ahead and started hanging them. I did have ER help hang the caricature in the middle since I knew both of our OCD's would have a fit about that. But from there, again, I just wanted it abstract.






LOVE IT! =)
ReplyDelete& that caricature... awesome! =)
Turned out so cute!! We did a gallery wall too and it just finished the room!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
ReplyDelete