Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Grow up already.
The other night I'm laying in bed going through my twitter feed.... fyi, it gets REAL boring when you guys all go to sleep. And this shows up in my feed.
Wait... what?!?!? We're talking Favre and the Packers in the same sentence? Well that doesn't happen.
This interview made my heart happy. I have been loyal to Favre since the whole debacle back in 2008. Loyal to a fault. At one point he was the "untouchable," he could do no wrong. Heck, I was even ready to name my first born son after him. Was he stubborn? Was he being a diva? A baby? Sure. I would have been too. But I also completely believe the Packers are more to blame then it came across as.
Since 2008, I can say I haven't really been a "Packers fan." Yes. They are my team. They have been since I was born. But I haven't agreed with many business decisions and it's left quite the bad taste in my mouth. Do I care if they do good? Sure. But I'm not as die-hard as I was in the past. Part of this has to do with I'm not a Rodger's fan. I just can't call him a "legend" as many do in the Sports Broadcasting world. Gag me with a spoon.
Back to the topic at hand. Many Packer fans still hate Brett. With a passion. When he was playing for the Vikings and Jets comments on facebook were; "I hope someone takes his knee out." "I hope someone crushes him and he dies, literally."
All you "die-hards," do you NOT remember what the hell this man did for our team? Are you so naive you forget how much the Packers SUCKED in the early 90's? How Favre basically turned that all around? I mean, have you seen the man's statistics? For cryin' out loud.
But people forget this. And as this has spread this weekend, and been on the news... the fan's reaction?
"Well. He still has to make ammends with the fans."
"Whenever they retire his number, all the fans will boo him right out of Lambeau."
" Who cares. He will never be welcome in Green Bay again."
To that I say;
Grow the eff up. It is time to let bygones be bygones and move on. No matter what Brett's decisions were, the history and impact he left on the Packer's organization can not be ignored. And his name and number should be up there with everyone else's. You all act like he needs to hand deliver personal apologies. That obviously isn't going to happen so get out of your dreamland. Suck it up, put on your big girl or boy pants, and show the man the RESPECT he deserves when his number retires. Because let me tell you....It will look so disgusting if Favre is welcomed into the Football Hall of Fame before the Packers organization acknowledges him because some immature fans can't get over the "heartbreak." And for WHAT?! The team is good. You all suck Rodger's nuts so hard that there is no reason to not let this happen. Believe in your current quarterback, respect what your former one did, and move on with your lives.
Alright. I'm off my soapbox. Thank you for tuning into "Days of our Packers Restless Lives."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Haha. Preach girl!!
ReplyDeleteI may or may not know what you are talking about,
but still thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
People can be so childish.
I know ALL about people being childish! HA