Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer frolicking

Do you ever have those weekends were you're still smiling on Monday? That was mine. Yes, I'm fully aware it's Tuesday but hey, still smilin'! We "wing-ed" it this weekend. My blogs, my made up words.

FRIDAY;

I did it friends. I took my first trip to Ulta. And guess what, they didn't even have what I wanted. Whomp whomp. But of course I still found a few things I just neeeeeeeded. After that I spent the rest of my day babysitting one of my favorite little buddies. I've watched him since he was 6 weeks old. He is 7. And he totally kicked my behind at basketball by the way. I ended up getting home about 5 minutes before Mr. walked in the door, and man, was that nice. Normally I'm waiting for hours it feels like. A little cheeseburger salad later (Oh yes, nummyness galore,) some Shark Tank, and time for bed.

SATURDAY;

We were up bright & early as Mr. had an oil change for his truck. That meant we were able to get some errands done, which meant we had the rest of the day free. Score! There may have been a nap taken, and then we decided to get ready and head on out to meet up with a friend of Mr's. There was a "summer frolic" happening about an hour away, aka beer tent and music. Well, imagine our happy surprise when we get there... and they have bags. Cornhole. Whatever you want to call it, we were pretty dang excited! We easily played those for over an hour. But a few straw-ber-ritas later, the other sig other and I started aiming for the boy's beer holders, which meant we were in stitches almost the whole time. Hey - this stuff is funny when you've had a few. And they were totally oblivious, which made it even more funny. Few more drinks later, couple of greasy slices of pizza, and fireworks to "start the summer," it was an amazing night. And SO nice to let loose. We haven't done that in a really, really long time. As in probably our honeymoon long time!






SUNDAY;

Since we didn't get home until midnight, we slept in until 9:30, 10:00. That's something that doesn't ever happen in our house. Like, ever. I can honestly say we did nothing yesterday. Except grill out some awesome chicken, hollllla. Chicken + corn on the cob = happy wife tummy.

Next weekend we have zero on the calendar again. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! Hope you had a few drinks for me!!! I sooo wanted to try those this summer! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Looks like you had a fab weekend! Oh and I definitely need to try that strawberry margarita thing!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo