Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Home.

Monday morning I was packing up as usual to head out for the week. And as I was packing, I started to hesitate and got this little knot in my stomach. I took my bags out to the living room, and stopped and realized - I didn't want to leave.

Last summer, I couldn't wait to get back to my Mom's. We had just moved in to our place and between wedding and everything else, I was more comfortable being at home. I didn't like our new apartment. We didn't have anything for it. While we got things here and there at our showers, it didn't all "come together" until after the wedding.

And then by Christmas, it started to feel like home. And slowly, we've become adjusted to it.

Our bed. I miss sleeping in our bed. Yes, it may be huge when Mr. is traveling, but it's still ours.

The bathroom. It may be the size of a closet, but all my things are there, in the spot I'm use to them in.

We've been living out of suitcases for the past few weeks. And I have to say, I don't like it.

But then I get "home," and Chunk is happy with the kittens, I have some company, and it's "comfortable."

However, then we talk about moving. And how I can't wait to make that my home.

My mind was going a million miles an hour on the drive to work. All I could think about is how does something change your perspective of "home" so quick, and so much. When low and behold, my ipod played the following.... "Home is you"  by Thompson Square.

I remember when it all changed
When the miles pulled us away
Like the halos of the headlights on the highway
That's me and you
It was turning our wheels round
In some rusted up old town
Some faded out old house
To tell the truth
There's just four walls and a front door
Some place we don't live anymore
My heart isn't in those empty rooms
As long as you're waking up with me
Baby I don't mind if every night
We lay our heads down somewhere new
Cause home is you 

Yes. Sappy alert. I may not like the place when I'm there alone, but when Mr. is there, it's home. Because "home" is when I am with him. It's the comfort feeling, the "I-never-wanna-leave-your-side" feeling. How lucky am I to get to have that "home" wherever we end up in the next few years. I'm a pretty lucky girl.





3 comments:

  1. CHILLS. Pure chills.

    LOVE YOU & THAT SONG! YES. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just the sweetest damn thing I have ever read. I am gonna go VOM now.

    But seriously...this morning I started having major Denver anxiety & your little post just helped me calm down! You go Cayla Coco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such a good point- we are in the same-ish situation with moving and what we call 'home.' But I love how you described it- it's wherever he is! I got shivers :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo