Image Map

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wedding memories

As I flipped the calendar over to July this morning, I couldn't help but get a little bit of butterflies in my stomach. After July, we will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. 2 years! It honestly blows my mind. Not in like the oh wow how is that possible, bur in the man it feels like way longer. Okay, maybe a little bit of both!

With that being said, I always go back and forth about how much wedding memorabilia to display in our house. It was a beautiful day, it joined us together after all, but our wedding also doesn't "define" us. I don't want people to walk into our house and feel like they walked back into our wedding. And here's the thing, I'm fully aware our "priorities" may change over the next few years. When we have kids, some of those wedding pictures will come down and be replaced with our beautiful children. We talk about displaying my wedding dress. My answer is always maybe. It will more then likely be boxed away to make room for a kid's room in a few years.

But for now, these are things I want to display. Things like our "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." Little mementos from the reception. But how do we possibly show those off in the house? Enter shadowboxes.


This one, I made myself. I took my garter, our program, my veil, and the something "old" my grandmother gave me in it. 








This one I was beyond surprised with from one of my best friends for our anniversary. Quick story; my mom tried to grab our name tags for me so I could scrapbook with them later. When she went to find them, they were gone. And the only "damper" of the reception is I was annoyed a waiter must of thrown them away. Trick's on me, cause my bff grabbed them. With that, our save the date, invitation, rehearsal dinner invite, and even the newspaper announcement (not even sure how she got that when she lives states away!), it was one of the best presents I have received.

Both of these shadowboxes are up in our bedroom. I don't feel they're overbearing, nor "too much." To us, it's just another reminder about the beautiful day we shared together.

3 comments:

  1. SO adorable and such a good way to display those things you can't part with, but have no where to put! LOL, I love my garter and it's sitting in its box collecting dust. Maybeeee I should do something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVED this walk down memory lane :) The years totally fly by, but at the same time it feels like you've been with each other forever... I totally get it! We have been married over 6 years now and that's so crazy to me! But I hardly remember life without him in. Same with Mia, she's only 18 months, and those months FLEW by, but at the same time, it's like she's been around forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the special wedding items. How cool is your BFF that she did that for you. Its so neat to look back on all that stuff. You're only getting married once!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo