Image Map

Monday, June 30, 2014

Number 2

I really need it to be Sunday again. We had another round of severe storms go through last night, which meant sleep level was zero. Add in the fact that it knocked out our power so we had no a/c and it was a rough night to say the least. Mr ended up sleeping in the basement and I ended up trying to sooth a freaked out chunk who had no idea what was going on. If I didn't have a zillion things to do today before the storms come back, there's a good chance I would have used this vacation to my advantage!

Our week was go, go, go, which meant that of course carried into the weekend. I spent a majority of my week in Iowa at my Grandma's just visiting and helping her get ready for her big family reunion over the 4th. Hence the no-show on the blog and social media. Gram's is the perfect place to just unplug, especially when she has no wifi! 

Friday I got home late in the day and Mr and I were off on date night to celebrate our engagement anniversary a day late. There's this place that was featured on Food Paradise for their bacon called Saloon on Calhoun. And when they say "Everything is better with bacon," they aren't kidding. Everything had bacon on it. We started with the bacon wrapped pork wings... aka, bacon wrapped around a piece of pork. 



I have to admit, it was good... but then I didn't need anymore to be honest. I could have ate those, and I would have been a happy camper. I choose something on the "lighter" side, a grilled chicken wrap stuffed with, you guessed it, bacon, that I immediately put into a to-go box so I didn't make myself miserable! 

Saturday we headed up north for a birthday party for Mister O. Amber has been one of my closest friends since 5th grade, we were in each other's weddings, and her first baby, O,  was born right before our wedding! They had a fun bbq with family and friends and lots of bubbles for the kids, we just love spending time with their family. 



Once we got home, I surprised Mr with his "souvinour" from Iowa... Bishop's Chocolate pie. He was a happy camper for sure... though Chunk really wanted him to share! 


Sunday was another day spent at Home Depot as we decided to re-landscape the front of our house. Well, thanks to the gusty winds, my amazing husband did all the work of planting when we got back as the lovely cottonwood triggered quite the allergy attack for me. Which meant the rest of my Sunday was spent on the couch, sleeping. Awesomesauce. 

Here's to no allergy attacks today, no severe storms, and no buying anything not on my list at Target..... ! 

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel ya on the allergies. For the past few weeks I've been waking up just feeling like I'm in a total fog from allergy stuff. Then my medicine makes me drowsy... it's not a fun cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your Grandma has no Wi-Fi at her house, what a perfect pace to unplug!! :) looks like a fun weekend. And uh yeah, bacon wrapped anything...gimme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The severe storms have been brutal this summer. Let's hope it calms down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha.. hope you had good luck with the target run. I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS end up buying things NOT on my list. And I have had the worst allergies this season for some reason. Twins, twins and more twins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a lot of bacon! I think I would hit a breaking point too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo