In a short few weeks, I am going to be turning 29. And that scares the crap out of me. For reasons to be discussed in another blog post, but in short, I thought my life would be soooo different in that "last year of my 20's" and it's soooo not. Which means, I've pretty much been ignoring the fact that I have a birthday coming up. Which is also unheard of for me.
I've been planning our anniversary, things for my classroom, Labor Day for cryin' out loud, when my husband gently reminded me my birthday came before all of those things so that's what we should be planning.
To which I called him a cotton headed ninny muggins.
![]() |
| You're welcome for the Elf references in July. |
Jk. But I did stick my tongue out at him like a typical almost 29 year old.
Okay. There was a meaning behind this post.
The other day I went for a walk, and grabbed the mail as I came back in. I had two pieces of mail that somewhat intrigued me. One saying a "replacement card," and the other from the state. The state one was the more intriguing as I figured the card was my replacement debit card.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
The card? A membership card. To AARP. Because I'm not turning 29, I'm turning frickin' 65. SERIOUSLY?!
The thing from the state? Reminding me of how little my paycheck is and that hey! If I'm in a single household, I qualify for food stamps.
Well, gee, thanks for the thought Wisconsin. Obviously you now know why I married my husband. I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...
^ Ps. The above. JOKE. Big fat joke.
So that was a real boost of confidence for the soul. Which meant I ended up curling up on the couch and catching up with those trashy housewives of the OC and NJ. Man, that sure made me feel better. Also, you should check out the Hotwives of Orlando on Hulu. HILARIOUS.
![]() |
| Fyi, this is totally kicking someone out of your house...... |
I promise tomorrow I will have a post without non-stop rambling. And with a killer song for #backthatazzup Friday.
Love and light, ladies. Love and light.



I'm in that 'wow I thought my life would be different by now' type of stage too. Not in a bad way, not in a good way- just not what we plan/expect ya know?! Also, you're not a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins, BUT Jared and I totally watched Elf the other day and claimed it was Christmas in July ;)
ReplyDelete