Image Map

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The waiting game

Friends, it has not been a good past few days.
I've been doing a lot of this

Like, super ugly crying.
And some of this.


I got some devastating career news on Friday, and it was only confirmed the last two days.
When I say "devastating," I mean as in everything I worked for is suddenly gone.
No lie, I would have to start all over if I want to continue on the same career path.
That's the advice I've gotten the past two days.
"I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding. Perhaps if you enroll in this program you can start over."

What does one even say to that? When everything you've worked for the last 3 years was apparently for nothing. Was not up to standards. Was not state code.

I don't even know how to feel honestly. I feel duped, by the people that let me believe I was doing everything correct. I feel stupid, for not looking more into it and trusting that people were telling me the truth. I feel overwhelmed, with what my next steps are suppose to be.


 I'm a X, Y, Z thinker. So here's my thinking process currently.  [ you may see why I'm frustrated]
We're waiting to hear where husband will be going next for his job.
He could be there as early as January.
Depending how far away it is, I will be staying here until April, when our lease ends.
How am I suppose to find a job when I could potentially be moving in January, if not April.
I pride myself in all my jobs on my resume being for multiple years.
It would really bother me to only have a job for less then 6 months.
Then my mind wanders to retail or a "holiday" job.
1. I hate retail hours.
2. Every weekend through mid-January is booked.
3. I really don't want to work nights.
What about bartending?
Honestly, I did the whole waitressing/bartending thing for 4+ years. I feel like it would be taking a step back.

BILLS. BILLS. BILLS. That's always in the back of my mind.



So, today, I am officially drained. I can't think about the next step. I can't even think about how to fix it. Today, I get to  wallow in my own pity party. Tomorrow I'll face reality. Until then, I'm going to sit in my sweats and watch horrible reality tv [bad girls club anyone?] and stuff my face full of ben & jerry's.




xo

3 comments:

  1. awh I am so sorry... how difficult. just know you have all of your bloggy friends, family and real friends in life to help you through this difficult time. everything will work out, just keep your chin up no matter how challenging that can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey darling girl! thank you for your sweet, sweet comment =) I'm so happy to be back in the blogging world! i truly missed it, and all of your sweet blogs as well!

    i'm so sorry to hear you're going through a hard time in life right now... and i can totally relate to the stress of bills. even when mine are all paid, i'm constantly worrying about the next ones. but just remember, that life {and God} would never give us anything in life that we couldn't handle! tackle down each problem and keep moving forward <3

    one day at a time! here for you if you ever need to chat, or vent, or whatever! {feel free to email me too}

    HUGS & love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no!! I hate reading sad posts :( Like the other two said..keep your head up..I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" and hopefully soon it will all make sense!

    And just for the record, and if it makes you feel any better, I don't think ANY job is taking "a step back" because any job is better than no job :) Plus, maybe it would consume your time/mind while the hubby is away?

    pps-to whoever messed this all up, I hope this hasn't happened several times..especially if it's college!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo