I realized I haven't said a thing about the move since it happened!
Forgive me, things have been nutso.
We moved the 12th to good old JC. A 2 bedroom, 1 bath townhouse.
It's a lot bigger then I remembered when we looked.
Bathroom smaller - sad face.
Bedroom huge - smiley face.
Walk in closet - amazeballs.
Did I mention the soontobe hubz gave me the walk-in closet? Willingly? Without a moment of hesitation?
Yeah. I get to marry something wonderful.
So, pictures! Let's just say, we're still on the "before" part.
Our bedroom/bathroom/guest room are pretty much all we registered for.
I was fortunate enough to get almost all our kitchen stuff from my first bridal shower, so our kitchen is complete. One of these days, I will post "after" pictures. When the "after" isn't boxes.
Master bedroom.
Part of the walk-in closet
Dining area.
Kitchen
Den/Office area. [ the only part that's complete as of now! ]
Looking from the bedrooms, to the entrance area.
Bathroom
I apparently forgot to take pictures of the guest room. Not that big of a deal. It will look sooo much cooler when we're finished. It's going to be our packer/badger/brewer room. nbd.
We moved in on Saturday. Unpacked quite a bit on Sunday. Subbed Monday morning, and brought casanova in on Monday night. He didn't move from this spot....
for 6 hours. 6. That's like, a forever. [ ignore the mess. I literally just threw everything in there when we moved. ]
I think it sums it up if I say E and I have barely slept since then. Monday night, he bawled. E was a patient as could be and even went and slept in the recliner to see if that would help. Tuesday, cried and this time I slept in the recliner. Wednesday, cried and we tried the whole "ignoring" thing. Obviously it didn't work. Thursday, was a little better. He came into the bedroom and curled up on my side of the bed. Had about a half hour crying fit, of course, right before E had to get up to go to work. Friday & Saturday, much better. He cried for about 10 minutes and got in trouble with who knows what. And finally Sunday, last night, we got a full night of sleep! We've basically had a kid all week.
He's found some new hiding spots.
No joke; this cat likes to hide when he's uncomfortable.
And you'd think, in a place this small... he'd be easy to spot.
Ohhhhh no. Guess what his new talent is?
Standing on his hind legs, putting his front paws on the edge of the cabinet....
and the next thing we know, E and I hear a loud bang and he's gone.
The little turdbomber gets into the cabinets!!!!
Oh, hey mom. You're kinda bugging me.
We split a gas station cinnamon roll, cheese curds, and a bottle of water.
We're classy people. Real classy.
As much as I enjoy our new place, I do have one serious problemo.
These douchelords.
SERIOUSLY!!!!
We're on spider #10. And they're DISGUSTING!
I freak out. As in scream, make E kill them, feel like I'm going to puke, feel like they're crawling all over me.... YUCK!!!!
I'm hoping a deep down gritty cleaning will be the solution. But I already know it won't. I'm almost 100% sure they're coming from the huge cherry blossom tree off our balcony. Which means, I won't be reading out there in our new patio furniture anytime soon.
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo