Image Map

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The best buzz I'm ever gonna find

I feel like Memorial Day should be a whole week of celebration. Especially when this weather is AMAZING. Even more so because I forgot to put on sunscreen and got a nasty sunburn that I'm still hurtin' about today. Blah.

This weekend was amazing for one reason and one weekend alone; I got to spend time with my man.
That comes far and few between it seems. Our love story, for another day, was nothing but distance. And even now, while we live in the same place, while the days go in and out, we still seem to fight for time to just be together. 

My fun started on Thursday for my Godmother's surprise birthday party. Almost all of our family members were there, and it was just so fun to see everyone. Plus, my Godmother was very surprised so the party obviously turned out! Friday night, E and I traveled down to Dodgeville to celebrate his parent's 28th anniversary. 1, his parents are adorable. 2, I can't wait until we meet that milestone.

Saturday, E and I turned into grown ups. Scary! But very exciting. We were suppose to hit up Bratfest [ more on that in a minute] but Mother Nature wasn't sure she wanted to cooperate. So, furniture shopping it was! We got a new couch. YAY! It will be delivered on Thursday, with lots and lots of pictures! Followed by a new blackberry for E, jelly belly, some lunch at Chilis, holy stuffed, and then we saw this weiner in the parking lot!



Just hangin' out in the Chili's parking lot. nbd. 

So, our stuffed bellies made their way to Walmart for some cleaning supplies. Followed by my favorite part of the night, Culvers! E and I split cheesecurds and followed it up with some yummy Kit Kat Swirl custard. Um, ps, did anyone else know that Culvers has "waff-bowls." As in, a waffle bowl? I was in HEAVEN!  I may have just found my new obsession, no joke. It was a great day to just spend together. We ended up watching a grown up movie that night,"Red Tails". Even though I would've preferred some Alvin & the chipmunks, it was pretty good!

Sunday = Brat Fest. My favorite "Fest" of the year. For those of you who don't know, it's basically a festival to celebrate Brats. Yummy fatty sausages. There's also some roasted corn on the cob, some vodka lemonades, and some yummy ice cream to finish the day. It's quite amazing. And quite cheap.


It was about 1:30 and my skin was on fiiiiyah! So we had to leave. After a quick stop at my mom's to pick up my package....

[Soooo excited! My face has definitely been feeling the side effects of not using this the last few weeks.]

We then headed to the grocery store, woohoo! We've had nothing in our fridge for the last few days, so it made my week. My awesome fiance then decided to make me feel better with aloe & mudslides. I love him.

 We may have an ample supply of beer... 

 Helllllo sunburn. Note to self: wear MORE sunscreen!

 Awesome tan lines.... good thing I wore a strapless dress!

sweet, sweet relief.

Yesterday E and I just hung around the house together, and grilled out for dinner. My camera was dead so no pictures, but it was amazing just getting to spend time with him. And now...back to the daily grind. This week is all about wedding stuff... dress fitting, invitations sent out, rehearsal dinner confirmations, bachelorette party guest list to my MOH.... and not to mention I have to figure out some kind of graduation gift for my two cousins party this week. Good thing there's pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. I have that exact same sunburn.
    But it's on my back instead of my chest.
    And my feet.
    And my nose. ugh.
    Maybe that mudslide would help? hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Sunburns sucks.
      Especially feet sunburns.
      And peeling sunburns.
      I'll pour an extra mudslide for you tonight :]

      Delete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo