I thought I had my blog posts all figured out this week. Weekend recap, 2013 goals, link-ups. And then I realized it is already Wednesday and that may not happen unless I feel like blogging over the weekend, which I don't. I guess what I'm saying in so many rambling words, is that I just don't know where to start.This may be long, I apologize.
Sunday was a mixed bag of emotions. We had a very unexpected death in our family, and honestly I'm still in shock. I don't feel comfortable discussing it at lengths at the moment, there's still a lot of questions, and maybe after the funeral this weekend I'll have some closure. E and I have been questioning things alot the last few days, and my heart is completely broken. Your prayers for my family would be much appreciated.
Sunday was a mixed bag of emotions. We had a very unexpected death in our family, and honestly I'm still in shock. I don't feel comfortable discussing it at lengths at the moment, there's still a lot of questions, and maybe after the funeral this weekend I'll have some closure. E and I have been questioning things alot the last few days, and my heart is completely broken. Your prayers for my family would be much appreciated.
Our weekend started on Friday afternoon when hubby came home from work early. I told him one thing I wanted for Christmas, was for him to take a half day off & to plan a day date/night for us to spend some time together. Since he's been traveling, that's been harder & harder to do. Well, imagine my surprise when he called around noon to tell me he was coming home early. I, of course, got all dolled up and hubby got home as I was picking something out to wear. He walked into the bedroom, gave me a kiss, and changed....into sweatpants. My mood immediately shifted. Off to the store we went. He wanted a new phone & we needed to finally get on a plan together. Long story short, couldn't happen since I was still on my mom's plan. Once we got home, man, he made me wait it out. And a stewin' and a brewin' I was. The more he "ignored" what we were going to do, and just sat and watched ESPN, the more pissed I got. And it was finally about 4:30 before he told me to get ready to go. We ended up at Chilis, so I could get my favorite Margarita Chicken I am obsessed with, and then he surprised me and took me to see "This is 40." I'll have to do a recap for you another day, but I loved it. Raw, real, funny, relate-able, love. Turns out I have a pretty awesome husband after all ;)
Saturday was an errands day, as we headed to Madison to score some new phones [which means I finally joined the cool kids on instagram - cmariehess. Find me! ], returned some Christmas gifts, chowed down on some nachos from Qdoba, baked for the Family Christmas, and just vegged together.
We had our family Christmas Sunday. It was an amazing feeling, being surrounded by family members and knowing we were all there for each other. Hugs were bountiful, tears were flowing, but the love in the room was priceless.
![]() |
| cousins/elves/treats |
New Years Eve was spent at the restaurant 8twelve in Milwaukee. It's a restaurant Brewer's player Ryan Braun, and Packers QB Aaron Rodgers went in on together, and everything is from Wisconsin. It was so worth the price. I had some tomato mac, heavenly. We came home, played some darts on the new dartboard my hubby got for Christmas [meaning we'll never leave the house again...], popped some bubbly, and were fast asleep by 11:30. We did make sure to give each other a beyond sleepy NYE kiss.
![]() |
| menu/butternut squash soup/champagne toast |
![]() |
| stupid stain. |
New Years Day went as follows; sleep til 9, eat some food, 2 hour nap, football, food, Rose Bowl [ugh, even our badger tree didn't work.], and bed. Throw in some "Dance Mom's," and this chick was happy.
Oh yeah, we may have made some 2013 goals as well.... [you knew I'd get here eventually...]
* Find a job... preferably one I enjoy. With kids. And enough to pay the bills.
*Save some money. It's been years since I've had a job well off enough to save some money. To be able to have a cushion, would be something so amazing to me. And to be able to save for trips & fun couple things would be even better.
*Pay off at least 5% of my debt. At least. If even more is allowed, that will obviously happen.
* Be healthier. Less fast food, to start with. Less dessert, it's not needed at every meal. Put some kind of exercise into my week. Learn to eat clean by the end of the year.
*Date night once a month. This will get harder & harder the more E travels. We wanted to make it a priority.
*Make a better effort to see friends. Many of our friends live in different states, or a few hours away. We're not tied down right now, so we can visit them. We just need to make it a priority.
*Keep in touch better. With family, old co-workers, friends. And not by email, but with handwritten letters & cards.
And in the "wishful thinking" category....
*Win the lottery. Duh. With that, pay off all student loans/car loans, buy a house, buy my mom a new car, buy my brother a handicapped accessible place to live, treat family to something awesome, save, save, save, and a trip for us to Mexico.
*Mexico anniversary trip. This is a huge want of mine, I just am realistic that it probably won't happen in '13.
* House. We need a place to live come spring. This will be a priority the next few months.
*Healthy year for loved ones. It's not in our hands, but if it were, everyone would stay healthy this year.
*Maybe Baby. The main "requirement" is I have a job & some debt decreased. We'll see how bad my baby fever gets closer to my birthday.
Happy New Year blogfriends. xo





LOVE the dress! Didn't even notice the stain until I read on..
ReplyDeleteSaving money & date nights are two huge ones for me too, except it's hard to do both if you know what I mean! I want to pile together a bunch of cheap date night ideas and post them on my blog! =)