Image Map

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You're gonna want this back

Since I'm getting really good at this whole stay-at-home-wife thing, I've started thinking about things I actually miss about having a job. You know, a job, that pay money.
More specifically things I miss doing, with money that isn't coming in. 
Things that I obviously took for granted when I was working. 
Things that may not seem like a big deal until you can't do 'em anymore.
Plus, hubby isn't too keen on spending money on the things I "need."
Apparently groceries, and a little thing called rent are a bit more important then below.

So, that means...
Nails. 
Guys, I'm not gonna lie. I lurve getting my  nails done. It's relaxing to me if anything, a little half hour break in the week. But that $30 tends to weigh on the checkbook. But man, I'd love to have these nails look a little beautiful right now.

Shopping sprees. 
Hello. My two favorite stores and I haven't stepped foot in them since before Christmas.  There's one like, a mile away from the rest of my shopping spots and it takes all my will power to not stop and just glance.

 Salon.
I don't know how to tell you guys the news, but I suffer from blonde-arexia. I was born to be blonde, and once I hit high school, well that didn't happen anymore. Insert years of dying my hair, bleaching it, highlighting it, whatever you will do, I did it. I haven't been blonde since I met my hubby was back in 2009 and I'm really itchin' to get back to doing something with this hair. Hubby has firmly put his foot down that this one will not be covered under "household expenses." How rude.

 Purses.
If you know me, you know I kinda have a purse addiction. When we moved back in May, I had 5 boxes of purses. I have knocked that down to one big tub of designer purses, clutches, wallets, and a few wonderful cheap Target ones. This basically goes along with the whole TJ Maxx/Marshalls thing. Once spring hits, I just start jonesin' for a new purse... to say I have the shakes is putting it lightly. 


 Tanning.
I know, I know. It's a horrible horrible habit. And while I've stopped tanning beds considerably over the last year and a half [it was my 2012 resolution], I crave a spray tan big time.

Carwashes.
Oh yes, something so minor. But when the moolah isn't flowing, spending 18 bucks isn't the wisest move to get your car cleaned inside and out. I'm not a fan of cleaning my own car, so this part sucks. Especially in the midwest winter. 




And lastly....

Getting my drink on.  
I have a champagne taste, meaning no beer for this lady. Which also means multiple $8 drinks aren't happening too often. Good thing I'm such a lightweight.... 

There you have it friends. What would you miss if you suddenly had to downsize your budget?

6 comments:

  1. oooh girl i can give you about 1000 reasons not to tan! believe me. and being on a budget is sooo hard! but yes drinking would be my hardest! good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh man. I would miss all of those things. =(
    Especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These videos are amazing! I'm currently staying at home with the babies so I totally relate to this post. And guess what? Going back to work in the fall. I need some of these things back in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang getting my nails done is such a luxury! budgets are hard, but worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really miss shopping too! And nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling all to well about being on a budget and it plain out sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo