Image Map

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it, Gifted it!

Good morning lovies! It's my favorite time of the week, #SPDLinkUp time. Woohoo! This one was quite tedious, and may have taken me a week or two in total, but the reaction was worth it. A million percent.

This project I actually did a few weeks ago, to give my hubby for Christmas. He's not much for 1, giving me Christmas present ideas, or 2, even doing Christmas. He would much rather give then receive, which is sweet and all, but it sure makes the man hard to shop for! Every year in our relationship, I've tried to do something "home made," for Christmas. Our first Christmas, a date card book. 2nd Christmas, a shutterfly book of our memorable dates & days in our relationship. This year, this gift! 

VIA
I actually saw this from a different pin, but now when I click my pin it informs me it's spam. Since I don't wanna spread that shiz to you guys, I just picked a different one. 

You need;
~ A deck of cards
~ Cardstock
~ Sharpies
~ A snowstorm... ok, okay. You don't need this, but it made it more enjoyable.
~ a list of 52 reasons you love your man. 

Okay, so there's many, many ways to do this. Some showed people writing on the cards, some showed pictures of the couple, and I took what I thought was the easiest route, for me. First off, it took me about 3 days to come up with a full list of 52 things I love about E. I'm not saying that as a negative, I'm sure anybody can start listing things they love about their guy right away. But having a set number, not being repetitive, and I really wanted to make sure everything I put down would have a visual memory for him. That when he read them, he'd know an instance I was talking about. 

Step 1: Get all our supplies together


And add in a chunk to help....




Step 2: I used my scrapbook cutter to cut 52 squares, which I then wrote down things from my list. 

Step 3: Tape (scrapbook square), the squares to the number side of the cards. 

Step 4: 3 hole punch the corner, in the same spot (which was hard!), and put the 1 1/2' ring through. Ta-da!



Hubby was not only beyond surprised, but beyond excited. He read through each one, and then hung it up on our fridge. I was super excited this morning when I saw he took it off the fridge to take with him while he was gone this week. Oh I love him.

Go link-up with my love Steph this week [since hottie Katie is off on vacation, lucky duck] & show off your Pinterest talents. xox


6 comments:

  1. You forgot to add in here that you need super cute handwriting to make this look good! ;) No but really, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cat supervising! Like "what?!" hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I did this for my husband last Christmas! We are really really almost creepily similar! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is so cute!! I love that he loved it so much that he hung it on the fridge! Guys are so cute like that!!

    THanks so much for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo