Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Teeny Boppin' right and left

With the wonderful news of getting to be a 13 year old again from Friday's post, I thought it would only be right to do some more reminiscing and give you some smiles to get over this hump day. 

First, can we talk about this whole "teeny bopper" status thing? I mean...I just can't with these girls. I couldn't then, and I can't now. You guys know what I'm talking about. The girls who go to the concerts, and the minute a band member starts talking the girls start CRYING. Crying! Over what? 
I can honestly say I was never guilty of this. Thankthelord.
The only thing to blame is 13 year old hormones. Right? 

Remember this little group? I remember thinking this song was the bomb dot com. It was all the rage at the middle school mixers. Though I have to say I never remember finding a single one cute.



O-town. Swoon.
Hot dayum I was in love with these boys. Remember how they started the original Making of the Band on ABC...before Diddy took it over and made it the shiz it was? Would you still be friends with me if I told you I had the final episode on VHS. Oh yes. I was that girl. I even went as far as to write them a fan letter... the only time I ever did mind you. When I got a response back from that hunka hunka burning love Ashley Parker Angel...gurrrrl...you know my 7th grade life was made. 

I mean, talk about some lyrics for the song hall of fame.
"I dream about a girl who's a mix of Destiny's Child. Just a little touch of Madonna's wild style, with Janet Jackson's smile. Throw in a body like Jennifer's, you got the star of my liquid dreams." 
That is stuff cemented in history, folks! 

Color Me Badd. Oh, and Badd (really?!) they were! 
Even at my ripe age of 6, I knew they were some sexy men with their hit, "I wanna sex you up." 
Any guys who could get that on the radio in the early 90's were obviously going somewhere.

Crickets.
Crickets.
Crickets.

 Anybody else remember cuties little Dream Street
Look at little Jesse McCartney...how ADORBS! So, showing my nerd status again. My mom ran an in-home daycare when I was young, and imagine by surprise when little JR Chandler from All My Children started becoming a little heartthrob. I have to say I couldn't find him cute considering I "watched him grow up." It weirded me out. But man, this song is obviously a classic....


 S Club 7. Please tell me I wasn't the only child to get up early on Saturday mornings just to watch their show on Fox Family/ABC Family...whatever they were years ago. I mean, they were "glee," before Glee. And their music just spoke to ya...
"Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top." 
This is why our generation was so much better then today. 



Guys. This was the girl group back in the day.3LW.
Who woulda thought Adrianne Bailon would end up dating a Kardashian, and then become... well..I don't know what she does now, but I see her on different reality shows here and there. 
Who else can so eloquently put that "haters gon' hate." 


And last but definitely not least, the group that held the key to my heart. 
I wasn't a Backstreet Boy fan. I wasn't an NSYNC fan. I was a 98 degrees fan.
My walls? COVERED in posters of them. 
One day I'll even tell you about the time I won a radio contest and got to meet them. Amazeballs. 
My teenage life was complete.
I was going to marry Jeff Timmons. Sorry babe, but he's a HUNK! 
Let me just say, that I am 13 year old giddy about seeing them in July. I will be playing their albums - and oh yes, I have them all - on repeat from now, until then. 

These kids who love Bieber and One Direction are surely missing out. Our generation had it made.


8 comments:

  1. Omg I love this post! I remember watching making the band when it was with o town. I'm going to see 98 degrees, nkothb, and boys II men in July in mn! Tickets go on sale Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG S Club 7!! Bouncing on the ceeeeiiiilinng!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED DREAM STREET. And there still ain't no party like an S Club partaaayyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... S club 7 was my favorite!! My sister and I use to watch the show all the time. We'd sing and dance and try to be them. I also agree with you on these 'teenie boppers' who the heck are these creatures?? Goodness gracious what are people breeding now a days!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh this is seriously amazing. I loved nsync, and i totally forgot about five!!! now im gonna go have to listen to some music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking LOVE this!! 98 Degrees still gives me goosebumps when I hear them. And S Club 7? Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O-TOWN AND S CLUB 7? TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THEM. Oh how I loved them. Those really were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was the only person who liked S-club! We had it sooo good. Now I just look at my daughter when she's singing her one direction and shake my head. They'll never know.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo