Happy Friday, friends :)
Given things have been so "blah" lately, I thought it'd be nice to spice things up. What better way to turn your negatives into a positive then by setting goals! By setting goals, you can easily feel accomplished by doing what you intended. Cross one off the list, and you get a burst of positive energy.
I'm not gonna lie, I've gotten some feedback that my blog seems to "negative" lately, and maybe it does. But this blog is for me, to document my life. And not everything is sunshine and rainbows and butterflies. I live a real life, and I'm not going to only post the positive things on here. Some of the closest blogger friends I have made have these "struggles" in common with me. That they were going through something similar, or had been in my shoes. And their advice is exactly what I have needed. To know I am not alone in feeling certain ways, or getting just an extra boost of support. Let's be honest, getting 100% support from your husband and family means the world, but sometimes it's biased. Sometimes you need to hear the God's honest harsh real truth, and I've learned its from you guys that I've been getting it from. So, THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart. The positive emails I've gotten far outweigh the negative, and they just completely make my day.
On to the topic at hand :
March Goals
1. No Pizza. Yup, you read that right. Pizza has become a staple in our diet lately. So much so that we have had it once a week since Christmas, yikes! I never use to eat it that much. Maybe once a month, if not every other month! My love handles ain't a fan of this new diet so toodle-loo pizza! I'm honestly curious to see how much weight I may lose this month, just by cutting that out.
2. Get to Level 2 of my Jillian Michael's DVD. I do this DVD on and off, when I feel like it. And when we have a DVD player. So this month, no more excuses. I can easily pop it into my laptop and do it that way. But I want to accomplish Level 1.
3. Finish the guest room! By this, I mean make it not a storage room. Since we moved it, it has been storage for Wedding things, Wedding gifts, Christmas decorations, Christmas gifts, and now things I just have to find a "home" for. The sooner I finish it, the sooner we can have guests!
4. Buy something from Kiki La'Rue. I have been obsessed with this shop since I joined the blogger world almost a year ago, yet I've never bought anything. Whether it was lack of funds or just not sure how things would fit, I found a reason not to. This month I am loving everything on their website! Ka-CHING!
5. Work 8 days this month. I know...that seems weird to some of you. But as a sub, I only have 20 days of the month, at most, to have an opportunity to work. Given the last week of March is spring break in our area, that gives me a potential 15 days to sub. If I work 8 of those, I will be a happy camper. If I work more then that, I'll be a very very happy girl.
6. Bridal Shower Invitations out. I am putting together a bridal shower with a few of my cousins for our other cousin. I'm figuring if I can get the invitations out within the next week or two, we'll be on track.
7. Something new for date night. When we have date night, it seems to be the same old thing. This month, we're gonna spice it up. I'll need to look in our area to see exactly what that could be, but hopefully we'll find something fun and it can become a staple for us!
8. Try 3 new recipes this month. This gets really hard when Mr. is gone. When he was home, we tried 2 new recipes a week!! Coming home on the weekend, he wants home-cooked food that he knows he loves since he lives off sammy's and take out all week. If I can convince him to try 3 new things over the weekends, we'll have a winner!
9. Figure out this ankle mystery. My ankle has been swollen and hurting like no other for 2 weeks now. I keep putting it off cause I don't want to spend the money on a doctor, but I know it's probably not something to mess with. At the same time, I've always had horrible ankles since my gymnastics days so I brush it off as "no big thing." Oh well.
10. Start my 2011 scrapbook! Oh yes, I am far, far behind. I finally finished my '10 scrapbook before Christmas and I really want to get caught up within the next couple of months.
Leaving on one last "happy Friday" note. I can't believe it has been 10 YEARS since this amazing 2nd place finish at State Gymnastics! One of these days I will recap all 4 of our Top 3 State Finishes ;)
We were kinda a big deal!
We were kinda a big deal!


Right there with you with the .. life ain't ponies, unicorns, and ballerina's.... or whatever you said. Hahaha
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful yet dangerous thing to be instagram friends and facebook friends with Kiki La'Rue... I want EVERYTHING! Lol! I've gotten two things from there and they've both proved to be such gems in my closet! You will love whatever you get, I'm sure!
Crossing my fingers for you with those 8 days. I'm sure it will happen. YAY to spicing things up for date night... maybe one of those recipes can be a date night! Love that photo.. I did gymnastics for a bit of time.. please do talk about that one day!
Happy Friday... hey that means E comes home tonight!! =D
Love this. I agree with the other two ^^ life isn't always perfect. I try to keep my blog positive in general but sometimes venting is soo nice. I'm certainly an admirer of REAL also.
ReplyDeleteAnd i def encourage doing up the guest bedroom! We have two and one is very "me" and how I would decorate my own bedroom if I weren't married adn I just LOOOOVE going in there. I hang my next days clothes up in there and do my lotion and perfume in there every morning. It's nice ot have the extra "me" space and also space for guests--less cluttered life:)
Your blog is YOUR space. If anything, I get tired of people who are 100% perfect and sunshine-y all the time ("Look at all the expensive stuff in my gorgeous house that is never dirty!"). I admire you for keeping it real. When someone follows your blog, it's kind of like a journey - I apologize if I sound too dramatic - and that means going through all of the goods and bads.
ReplyDeleteLOL at that e-card!
Eh, screw those people. I absolutely HATE fluff blogs where everyone posts super perfect posts with super perfect pictures about their super perfect life. I always wonder what is going on behind the scenes that they are hiding, cause NO ONE'S life is perfect.
ReplyDeleteCheers for keepin it real.