Image Map

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Travel Tuesday -- Nashvegas, part 2.

This week we're returning to Nashville for Travel Tuesday. Last week we touched on eating on Broadway, Country Music Hall of Fame, and rainy day fun. This week we'll finish the trip!

Monday we got up and did what Mr. wanted, Pancake Pantry. He's a huge breakfast person and was very happy to say the least. Then, we saved the best for last, The Grand Ol' Opry. The Mecca. The only reason I wanted to make a trip to Nashville. I woke up stoked. Since it was across the street from our hotel, we chose to take the shuttle over to the Opryland Hotel. We were told we "had" to check it out, so that we did.
And lost we got. 
It's a maze in there y'all.Beautiful, but a maze.





Our plan was to walk the less then a mile over to the Opry House, and once we found our way out of there and outside... it was pouring. So, in the pouring rain we walked over to the Opry... maybe getting lost again a time or two. Ayi yi yi. It was definitely a frustrating half hour to get to the Opry house,when it should have taken 5 minutes, but we MADE IT!


Flood line, apparently I would have drown. No big deal.


I had chills standing on that circle. This picture means the world to me.


After an amazing tour, my vacation was made. Back to the hotel to get our sleep as we had to be up early the next morning!! We were heading home..with a detour in CHICAGO! 

Our first official boyfriend/girlfriend date was a trip to Wrigley Field to see the Brewers/Cubs play. For some reason...Mr. likes the Cubs. We have tried to make it a tradition to get down there once a year, and if we can't, then make it to a Brewer/Cub series in Milwaukee. It just so happened that on Tuesday, the Brewers would be at Wrigley Field....hollllla ;)

On the road we went and made it to the game with time to spare. Pretty sure the Cubs won... they have every single series we've been too. As a Brewer fan, that bums me out.




Oh. Hey blonde hair. I miss you.
 After a long drive back home, okay fine, 3 hours, we got to sleep in our own beds. As much as I looooove vacation guys, sleeping in my own bed is amazing.


 Oh yeah. And this chunk was more excited about our hats then us being home.




8 comments:

  1. Ah! I wrote about Nashville today too :) Best city ever!! Glad you made the best of it, even in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like y'all had a great time! So fun!

    I'm your newest follower, from Karla's 'not so subtle' blog post about you today! Loving your blog so far and can't wait to see more!


    xoxo,
    Brianna

    brileigh12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you stayed in the gaylord?! That's where I stayed when I was there! too cool! but i have yet to tour the grand ol opry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Nashville two years ago for spring break. Definitely the best trip of my life. I know what you mean saying you got chills standing in that circle. I may or may not have teared up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun trip! I keep hearing really great things about Nashville :)

    My Travel Tuesday Post
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to Wrigley Field. Maybe this summer I'll make it over to Chicago for a game! Glad you enjoyed the Grand Ole Opry!! Looks like a neat place :)

    Andrea
    alhadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nashville is on my list of places to go. Great pictures! Chicago is always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo