Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday UnFunDay

"After awhile, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh." 

And laugh we did! This weekend was definitely exactly what we needed. A change of pace, some laughter, some smiles, and a return to normalcy. Our weekends have seemed out of sorts since the beginning of the year, but especially since the first weekend of March. Some days my feelings are so raw, other days it seems like it happened months ago.  But this weekend, we needed time for ourselves, working on us. 


This Weekend I... spent my first day of Spring Break watching the Badgers lose. Um.... I got nothing. I had planned to spend the rest of the day running errands, but I was in such a mood afterwards. Normally I can just shrug a loss off my shoulders, but this one just flat out sucked.

This Weekend I... earned a million wife points for cooking husband one of his favorite dinners Friday night. Pork Chops, Mashed taters, & Green Bean Casserole. Mmmm, MM!  Afterwards it was a night full of March Madness in our house. Super exciting games all around.

This Weekend I... completely surprised husband with our own version of "Club Sexy." I have Wifessionals to thank for the idea. I told him he had to follow my strict instructions all night. Boy did that drive him crazy!! I will do a complete review of our night later this week, but let's just say it was definitely a great night :)

This Weekend I... had one of the best brunches at The Machine Shed with Mr. Our bellies were completely full, and after some grocery shopping we headed back home... through the SNOW. Yup. Over it. Our TV was stuck on basketball all day, wouldn't have it any other way. Mr decided he wanted to make burgers for dinner, and soon after was bed. Sunday bedtime of 8 pm is only for the cool kids, duh.


1. Spring nails, hopeful for warmer weather.
2. Sneak preview for "Club Sexy" night
3. I mean... this really could only happen to me. Which lead to a wine bath. Story later.
4. Much needed caffeine at the Machine Shed Sunday morning. From now on I will only drink from Mason jars. Honest.
5. This made me giggle.
6. Burgers! Plain for me, jalapeno for the hubz.



 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun filled weekend. Jalapeno burgers sound pretty delicious roght now. Even if it is only 10am over here.

    Loooove the nails. They scream spring. Annnd I can't wait to hear about your clubsexy night! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at that beer sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend! Interested to hear more about clubsexy night!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo