Truth be told, I'm not one of those people that has a "30 before 30" list.
I'm not a big traveler.
I don't have ambitions to compete in marathons.
There isn't a special well-known event I want to participate in.
I just want to be stable.
Long story short: that's not how my life was growing up.
With divorced parents, nothing was stable.
With my mom, we moved every few years to a different house.
And my dad lived 2 hours away.
To top it off, money was always an issue.
As in, there was never enough.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
I had an amazing childhood. I participated in many sports. My parents/grandparents/godparents always went above and beyond to provide us with things we not only needed, but wanted.
Christmas was always more then enough.
And we always had a roof over our head and food on our table.
But, as I grow up and think about things I want for my children, the number one thing is stability.
I told E on one of our first dates, that I want our kids to have one house and one house only.
While one house may not be a sure thing, I would like them to have a childhood home to visit someday.
So, as I've been driving into my new nanny job, I've been thinking.
When I grow up...
I want babies. A few of them.
I want a house. Big enough for our children to have their own room.
I want them to have a backyard. And for me to have a patio. To enjoy a drink with the hubby at 5:30 pm.
I want to find a teaching job. Where I will influence lives. And make an impact.
I want a job where I love Friday's. Not as in "i-don't-want-the-weekend,"
but that I'm not wishing it's Friday... on Monday....
I want our relationship to be like this.... and bring tears to my eyes... even when we're 90.
He's the voice I love to hear
Someday when I'm ninety
He's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
Someday when I'm ninety
He's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
I want my children, to have as an amazing relationship with me, as I have with my family.
I want my future hubby & I, to be doing this as long as we live.
I want to feel the same unconditional love for my children, as I do for this chunky monkey.
Those are things that when it comes to my life, I will feel fulfilled with having.
Add in: Going to see the Packers at the Super Bowl, Badgers at the Rose Bowl, Luke Bryan, Darius Rucker, Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain in concert, and someday a beautiful white Audi SUV... I'll be a happy girl ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment
Seeing a little "comment" appear just makes my day! I read every one of them and will respond as soon as I can. xo